Deteriorated Rubber Grips on Sonicare Toothbrush Handle

The rubber grip cushioning on my wife's Sonicare HX6730 toothbrush handle has softened, gotten sticky and started to chunk off.
The Sonicare lives on its charging stand located on the edge of her bathroom sink. So I'm thinking the damage is the result of several years' exposure to over-spray from hairspray and other assorted lady-grooming chemicals.
Youtube videos show how to replace the battery and do other mechanical repairs- but I couldn't find anything about replacing the rubber grip panels.
I guess I could just peel them off- but I don;t think she'd be happy with a redneck fix. Any ideas for doing a proper repair?
On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-6, Wade Garrett wrote:

Plasti Dip
On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-6, Wade Garrett wrote:

If you can find "heat shrink" tubing large enough to cover it. I just checked my own (different model) electric toothbrush and some of the tubing in the Harbor Freight pack slid over.
On 3/2/19 3:20 PM, Oren wrote:

Yeah, I think it's just a cosmetic issue. I'm going to pull it all off and if I can't sell her on still using it, I'll trade her my handle and take hers.
Real men don't need prissy looking vibration-absorbing material on their toothbrush handle anyway.
--
Say what you will about The South but no one retires and moves up north…

On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 9:10:54 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:

I doubt a decent fix is possible. I just checked mine. It has relatively hard plastic in those spots, but it's one of the newer ones. I think the older ones may have had softer material. How old is it? The batteries don't last forever and maybe it's just time to get a new one. That's what I did. Costco has them, can probably find them online. I got mine at Costco when I was needing new brush heads. The brushes aren't cheap and they had a package where you got several brush heads plus the unit at a decent price.
On 3/2/19 10:39 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I don't want to replace it because except for the rubber coming off, it works just fine. The charge still lasts several weeks during the twice-yearly drain it down cycle.