Deteriorated Rubber Grips on Sonicare Toothbrush Handle

The rubber grip cushioning on my wife's Sonicare HX6730 toothbrush handle has softened, gotten sticky and started to chunk off.

The Sonicare lives on its charging stand located on the edge of her bathroom sink. So I'm thinking the damage is the result of several years' exposure to over-spray from hairspray and other assorted lady-grooming chemicals.

Youtube videos show how to replace the battery and do other mechanical repairs- but I couldn't find anything about replacing the rubber grip panels.

I guess I could just peel them off- but I don;t think she'd be happy with a redneck fix. Any ideas for doing a proper repair?

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Plasti Dip

Reply to
WWS TEXAS

A hobby shop may have something that's a little more girlie. Nothing wrong with Redneck fixes as long as it work :)

Reply to
Oren

Meanie

I don't want to replace it because except for the rubber coming off, it works just fine. The charge still lasts several weeks during the twice-yearly drain it down cycle.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Yeah, I think it's just a cosmetic issue. I'm going to pull it all off and if I can't sell her on still using it, I'll trade her my handle and take hers.

Real men don't need prissy looking vibration-absorbing material on their toothbrush handle anyway.

Reply to
Wade Garrett