delay timer for bathroom fan?

any recommendations? prefer one that will fit in a Decora opening, as it will be ganged with a light switch and also a GFCI receptacle. All I can seem to find are the five-button Leviton thing and also the Intermatic mechanical ones. I'd prefer a rotary style, but I suspect the Intermatic one will sound like a kitchen timer in my bathroom (I'm planning on using an ultra-quiet fan so it would be real obvious) are there any other products I should be looking at?

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

No. Just get the one that sounds like a kitchen timer. Anyone trying to sleep in the bathroom is probably drunk, and should be taken to the bedroom.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Check out some of the options sold by Energy Federation Incorporated:

I have the Fan/Light Time Delay Switch, although it is not Decora. Maybe the Leviton Electronic Off-Timers?

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

Got the Intermatic EL210 from Home Depot, completely electronic (no noise). Uses a single push button (cycles through 10, 20, 30, 60, "hold")

Your ultra-quiet fan is likely wishful thinking, just get the ticking rotary timer and save a buck.

Reply to
Pete C.

I have the dial type, GE brand. It produces a (very soft) ticking sound. It has been working every daily shower for over 15 years. There are silent digital models that don't make noise for more $. For a bathroom fan you want one that will run at least 20 minutes to pull the moisture out. With all your specific requirements you might have some searching to do.

Reply to
Phisherman

I have a similar timer in both of my batrhrooms and the ticking sound is insignificant... barely enough to remind you the timer is on. I highly recommend them for the value and the convenience they add. You set the fan and forget it... full ventilation and yet you only pay for the electricity for maybe

10-15 minutes.
Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

smarthome.com has some silent decora style ones.

Reply to
RickH