decoupaging painted laminate

I need to paint laminate top tables; glue newspaper articles, playing cards and bumper stickers to them; and then polyurethane over the top of the whole thing. Can anyone give me advice on the gluing and finish coat? I need to know what types of glue and polyurethane to use. I have directions from HGTV on painting the laminate.

Reply to
dunninc

use spray adhesive for newpaper articles or whatever. Don't get it too thick, you're finish coat should hold them in place.

Now, you've run into a problem...polyurethane yellows with age and won't look too good on a table, unless you want an amber-ish hue. Their are two options as i see it, go with polycrylic which won't yellow, but will provide years of use. you can get it at walmart. Or, there are two-part epoxylike coatings that would create a very thick plastic-like layer. These are expensive and hard to use, you've gotta use a blow torch to get rid of the bubbles. Works great for clocks, as that's the biggest project i've used the stuff on.

go with polycrylic, you'll like it.

dunn> I need to paint laminate top tables; glue newspaper articles, playing cards

Reply to
kellyj00