damn that Julie Bove!

Yes, your constitution ensure that an American citizen without a criminal record has the right to own a firearm.

But, don't you see that it's the handguns that cause all the problems because they lend themselves to concealment, and that suits the purposes of criminals so much better than rifles and shot guns.

A person can just as effectively protect their house and home with a shotgun than with a hand gun. Most criminals that break into houses are drug addicts who are just after valuables they can sell for money to get high. If they had a gun, they'd sell it to get money to get high sooner than get into a gun fight with some homeowner. In the USA, drug addicts will break into homes HOPING the homeowner doesn't have a gun, but it's a risk they take because they know that they could as easily kill themselves with an overdose anyhow, so why not take the risk? They are pathetic people that need clean injection sites to wean them off of hard drugs like heroin rather than people who need to be shot. ANY firearm in the hands of the homeowner is gonna trump the nothing the burglar has on him, and generally the homeowner is clean and sober, and that's a tremendous advantage over the burglar too.

Much of what I know about firearms comes from listening to Americans talk about them in forums like this. And, from what I've heard, I can see that there can be peace in your great nation between the pro and anti gun activists by allowing long guns, but not hand guns. The country would still have a "well armed militia" if everyone who wanted a gun had a long gun, but you wouldn't be catering to the criminal element by providing them with easily concealed weapons.

It's the hand guns that are problem.

And, no one needs an assault rifle to protect themselves, especially assault rifles that can easily be converted to work like machine guns.

Reply to
nestork

Yah, approximately 90% of the people I work with are addicted to factory foods and prescription drugs.

What angers me is that the majority of our health insurance premiums is used to pay for battling disease resulting from factory foods...and we taxpayers have to pay for it all,

Reply to
Taxpayer

CY: Where's that part about "without a criminal record" exactly? I've never seen it.

CY: Also very helpful for good citizens who want to be protected, but not carry a long gun.

CY: And what does that have to do with the RKBA?

Most criminals that break into houses are

CY: Worth noting, a lot of Americans are quite wrong, about basic concepts.

And, from what I've heard, I can

CY: Other people might not agree with your "peace in our time", Neville.

The

CY: And now you fall back to the anti freedom pattern of "you need to prove to me that you have a need" line of thought.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The deterioration of health is not a one sided coin.

People nowadays are eating pork and beef raised with growth hormones in their feed. The result is that the livestock grows faster, but I believe that eating the meat of a cow raised on growth hormones causes accelerated growth in people as well. If you compare the average heights of children today, you'll find they grow to be considerably taller than their parents were, and that just doesn't make sense from a genetics point of view.

Also, our parents lived in a time when anyone with strong muscles could get a menial job loading trucks or moving furniture or what have you. Nowadays, most of those jobs are gone, having been replaced by machinery. People nowadays simply don't get enough exercise. We evolved from apes that spent much of their time gathering food to eat, and we don't do that any more. No where is the lack of exercise more obvious than in the children today. When I was a kid, we'd ride our bikes everywhere, play baseball and do everything that keeps young kids happy and healthy outdoors. Nowadays, kids are as likely to spend their entire Saturday afternoon in the basement playing a video game.

And, our food is provided by companies that compete with each other, and those companies know that sugar tastes good. So, we find carbohydrates of various kinds making their way into every processed food we eat. Why? Because adding sugar to ANYTHING (with the sole exception of sugar itself) makes it taste better. So, our pancreases are continuously working overtime to process that sugar we're consuming all day long, and storing it as fat. If all the companies, like General Mills, Heinz, Kraft and Kellog would stop adding sugar and salt to their foods, we'd all be healthier. The problem is that Washington lawmakers are heavily influenced by lobby groups that convince the senators and congressmen to do what they want them to, and the lobby of the food processors is just as influential as any other lobby group in Washington.

What bugs me about shows where that retard, Gordon Ramsay, is telling chefs to prepart all their meals from scratch is that it totally ignores the fact that in a restaurant, 100 people come in to eat within a half hour period between 11:30 AM and noon and they all want something different to eat. Chefs simply don't have the time to be preparing each of those meals from scratch.

I know that food prepared from scratch tastes better. Nothing smells or tastes better than home made bread. But, the only people that have time to make their own bread nowadays are bakers and the unemployed.

Reply to
nestork

Read the Heller decision

Reply to
gfretwell

+2 some folks jest don't git it!!
Reply to
ChairMan

you're wrong, it's not the handgun, it's the person(criminal)that is in possession of it. I'm not going to rehash this subject again, but you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong You really should spend some time reading the link that our good friend Oren provided for us. you will see just how many myths you continue to repeat.

ChairMan

Heller and them McDonald both reference the 14th amendment that exempts protections from people who have gone through due process. (AKA convicted of a crime) The federal GCA 68 and NFA 34 also have restrictions on convicted felons.

Reply to
gfretwell

Guy! In Nevada's recent past, when I guy got out of prison, he was given a bit of cash and firearm to protect himself. (Probably not a good idea these days.)

Reply to
Todd

Well, what you're saying is obviously correct. The handguns themselves don't pull their own triggers. It's the mind of the person holding the gun that is ultimately responsible for what the gun does and what it is used for.

The same argument can be made for knives, ice picks, baseball bats, chain saws and hammers and virtually anything that can be used as a weapon.

What I'm saying is that as long as hand guns are available to the general population, they'll be available to criminals, and the bikers and the gangstas, and the crazies that decide they're gonna shoot up a school before they kill themselves.

I see that as really the only major difference between Canadian and American gun laws. Any Canadian adult with a clean criminal record can purchase a rifle or shot gun suitable for sport shooting or hunting. But, hand guns are much more strictly regulated and generally only available to the police. That's because they lend themselves well to concealment, and that lends itself well to criminal activities.

But, I also recognize that neither of us are going to change each other's minds about the subject. Better we just agree to disagree than to argue until the discussion deteriorates into an insult hurling contest, which would do more harm than good.

Reply to
nestork

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Oren belched:

nesty even admits thats where he gets most of his info. Like you, I just don't get it. He obviously didn't read the link that i posted earlier that shows almost on a daily basis that armed citizens stop all kinds of crimes. Whats that saying about those that are too blind to see? here it is again in case nesty wants to expand his understanding a bit more with *real* life examples, instead of left leaning stats

I seriously doubt that he will read it let alone believe it.

Reply to
ChairMan

And a thank you from those of us who don't conceal carry to those that do. You make things safer for all of us.

Reply to
Todd

Hi Netstork,

1+

That is why we Primal are not suppose to eat that kind of meat. Natural, Organic, and better yet, wild are the way to go. Also look for a community farm. Their meat tastes so much better, you will think the store bought stuff is carrion (may be pretty close).

Very true. Carbs are addictive. Keeps you coming back. They also add chemicals, such as free glutamic acid (msg by 99 other names), which are also addictive. Now they could always use wholesome ingredients that taste better, but that would raise the price.

Maybe some do, but the ones I work for don't. They arrive at the early hours of the morning and cook all day. Got tons of stuff ready to go. Then they have like a 1-1/2 hour of violence at noon and another 3 hours in the evening. The trick is to properly prepare. If you have ever watched it happen, it is grueling physical work. And they don't get paid squat for it. I couldn't do it.

If you meant a lot is reheated, then you are correct. It is about half and half from what I saw.

Oh please don't use bread (Dibetes bait) as an example. Use meat and vegis on the bar-b-que instead. Fresh organic fired chicken with rosemary. (I better stop or I will get too hungry.)

Oh, be careful on the exercise front. Hunter Gathers don't do all that much more exercise than we do:

Hunter-Gatherer Energetics and Human Obesity

It is the low nutrition, high carbohydrate junk not found in nature that is the problem.

But, not an excuse not to move around every hour for 5 minutes when doing sit down work. And you must go fishing at least twice a week!

Do you remember when "exercise" use to be called "work"?

-T

Reply to
Todd

It's been shown in the USA, that areas with more permissive gun laws have lower crime. Is that laws less, due to lower crime, or lower crime due to less laws? I remember from years ago, one of the sates, perhaps Florida, relaxed the laws and saw crime go down. I know that places like Washington DC and New York City have increased laws and increased crime.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oren posted for all of us...

I may not have read all messages.

YES! +50 Also a CCW license should be valid in all 50.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Actually, that is not how is it done. It doesn't matter what is available to the general population.

Criminals get guns through the same black market channels as they do drugs. If you remove legal channels of purchase, the black market will not be affected. Drugs are outlawed and no one has any trouble whatsoever getting them. Same with guns. Criminals don't even have a background check or a waiting period to purchase one.

The fallacy to the general availability argument is that its proponents think criminals will obey the law. They are called criminals for a reason.

Then only criminals, individual and the government class, will have guns. And it will be open season on the rest of us. Sort of like a gun free school or theater.

Reply to
Todd

Stormin is correct. Crime goes down. The only exception is burglary, where the home is unattended. Hot burglary goes was down.

Criminals don't obey gun laws.

Reply to
Todd

And I would add, remove all "reason to have" laws. If they can not prove you are a danger, then they must be given a time limit to issue.

Reply to
Todd

Is a vehicle driver license valid in all 50?

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Agree with everything you said. Don't forget we no longer get good vegetables and fruits in the supermarket. It is usually picked before maturity so it can be shipped thousands of miles.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski