What's Madgardener's new handle?

What is Madgardener calling herself nowadays? I always go to her posts FIRST!!!! And I think I heard that she'd changed her "From" name.

Reply to
Betsy

naaaaaa, I'm still the "madgardener", I just changed me e-mail address after

8 years of being on the newsgroup under bellsouth.net...... I call meself Madgardener, madgardener, Maddie, ya'll call me "mad" sometimes when ya'll answer me , Unkle Dave on WNCW based outa Spindale, North Carolina has dubbed me "Aunt Maddie" because he met me over the phone as the ol' madgardener in Eastern Tennessee/Dandridge and decided I was worthy of shortening to Aunt Maddie.... You honor me Betsy by saying you go to my posts first. (awwwwwww, geeze..dragging my toe in the dust) BUT, since I am mentally whipped tonight from dealing with the thugs from the gub'ment ALL day today, and it leaving me with heart flutters, heartburn and indigestion, tomorrow, TOMORROW----- since I had to piss away a perfect and glorious day off of fall weather that I coulda gotten something DONE in my desperately needing "yards" and attend to the fairy beds and just HANG with my little critters and wee folk, TOMORROW my love I will deffinately have some mindless ramble to share with ya'll because tomorrow I am tucking in bags of bulbs, pouring the 400 pounds of organic crappy humus I purchased from Lowes Sunday into one of two raised beds, watering parched and gasping trees (if we ain't lost them yet........I will know tomorrow) and all sorts of garden and related assorted sundry of things.

Tonight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sugar,the pound puppy that "Maw Rose" so much loves and protects now but doesn't TELL any of the dawg rules, Sugar, in a purely vindictive moment in the two hours time between when oldest son went to work (I had to go deal with the gub'ment agents today and stress myself out further and left early) and the time when Squire came home from work, got UP on my office chair I sit in at my computer and to do budgets and bills and just dream and write,n' got the bag of Solomon Seal "raisins" that a sweet friend by the name of Louis from'Visconsin... sent me a couple of weeks ago that were going to be planted this afternoon, and tore and emptied the bag all over the nook floor. Then because I DARED to leave her and not take her with me, she decided to REALLY get even with me (this was discovered long after appropriate punishment had been levied on her by Squire when he discovered the soil and son's sandels that she luckily hadn't chewed or ripped,as he walked into the empty house, but when I finally got home, I discovered she was mad at ALL of us because she'd also gotten a new package of Squire's socks, still in the package, and took it to the back den and tore the package all to hell, but didn't rip the socks........she was lucky) but I located all the stressed and dried little raisins/rootlets of Solomon Seal from the floor, and immediately planted them in the black cherry shade bed. HOURS later, I was telling Mary Emma the day's nightmares and that I wouldn't be at her house tomorrow to dig up tree peony plants when I realized that the foam I had swept up with the soil from the bag had come from somewhere.............................................Sugar had ripped the whole corner of my office chair and torn it to gaping disaster. No amount of sewing would fix this gouge. It was as if a large animal had taken a 7 inch bite out of the corner of my chair......she got another butt whipping and chastising. Lord when is this smart dog going to learn she is loved, that we're coming back and that it's wrong to rip our things up when we have to go to work?? HUGE SIGH.....................sorry, I just took off there on a tangient, didn't I? Well I ain't deleting it, I'm leaving it as it is.

I appreciate your interest. I hope I continue to give you reason to open up my posts. Where do YOU garden honey? I'm always interested in my backyard and fence neighbors.

madgardener ever up on the ridge, back in my dry and dusty fairy holler, overlooking a sleepy English Mountain where the stars are bright and you can see wisps of meteor showers here in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone

36 (it got up to 77o today!) "Betsy" wrote in message news:3jllb.46$ snipped-for-privacy@news.abs.net...
Reply to
madgardener

I'm in Baltimore MD but often wish I was down in your hills when I read your posts...

indigestion,

Reply to
Betsy

The message from "madgardener" contains these words:

It's called separation anxiety, not uncommon especially in rescue dogs which have experienced being left by a previous owner who never came back. One of our rescue dogs fixed on me very strongly from the moment he arrived and never let me out of his sight. When I returned to work Tim started doing what Sugar does, every day during the hour alone between me leaving and my house help arriving.

I solved it by spending a few minutes repeatedly leaving exactly as if I was going to work, out the house to the street, then straight back inside as if arriving home from work. The dog is only alone for two minutes. Leave and arrive casually with just a friendly word or light pat; don't make a great big exciting fuss of the dog at either time.Repeat it several times each session and do it on several successive days. The dog quickly learns to associate your departures with you always coming back, and with a pleasant calm relaxed atmosphere. After a couple of sessions Tim took my exits and arrivals for granted as a normal part of life, and the problem behaviour stopped.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Reply to
madgardener

Hey Mad!

Somehow I've been unable to read my newsgroups the old way and I finally found this on Google. I am dying to know how the dog situation is going. I spent all day yesterday cleaning out my flowerbeds (they have been severely neglected) and that stupid vinca has grown like kudzu and taken over half the bed. I need a dog to come dig it all up. Can I borrow yours???

loony

Reply to
loonyhiker