damn that Julie Bove!

"Well, the gun didn't go off when I pulled the trigger. I'll just relax, it's not dangerous, swing around to chat with Joe, and take my finger off, and put the gun away."

BANG!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

For the record, I don't understand the logic behind Pico starting the attack on you here either. As you say, you had nothing to do with the other thread and I don't see any valid connection. But this kind of thing happening here certainly isn't unique either. I've seen similar and a lot worse on other groups. It's not a moderated forum and that goes along with the territory, for better or worse.

Reply to
trader_4

+1

They sell special spring-loaded dry fire cartridges that can be used for dry firing to avoid any problems.

Reply to
trader_4

Well, I could tell you about the time I kicked my toilet with my leg, but no gun was involved and I don't work at a school.

Still, it's a good story.

About 4 years ago... There's the phone. I'll have to finish this later.

Reply to
micky

Hi Stormin,

Swing around at me and I would tell you to get a new friend. Don't ever point a gun at anyone, loaded or otherwise. If you ever see two guys looking at each other's guns, watch how they always point them away from anyone, even when they know they are empty.

When a round doesn't go off, even when you think it shouldn't, such as a deliberate dud load, you keep your weapon pointed downrange for a bit, then eject the dud still pointing downrange, and then continue pointing downrange. Defective rounds have been know to delay fire. I have never come across one myself, but ...

I have had powder in my hair from el-cheap-o wad cutter reloads purchased from the range. Those your can really see the fireball before blinking. But even those have always fired. I will take no chances though.

-T

Reply to
Todd

Snap-Caps.

Have a friend load your weapon so you do not know when to expect it. It is very good practice to see how you react.

Reply to
Thomas

And it can be hysterical.

Had a friend years ago with a level action 30-30 that I could see the hammer move out the side of my eye as I pulled the trigger. I flinched four or five times before it fired. I could not hit the side of a mountain. Finally pulled out my M1911 and could nail everything at about 50 yards free standing. (My M1911 is very accurate and have a great trigger.)

Reply to
Todd

See, Julie.

All you have to do is change the subject to guns, which is a topic they're all keen to talk about, and they forget all about Julie Bove.

Reply to
nestork

And YOU said mere days ago on RFC that everyone here was nasty and that you wouldn't return to this group. And of course, here you are...

(Julie is still spreading lies on RFC about you guys having followed her to this group, BTW)

Reply to
Jeßus

There are bad ones all over the place. More bad than good, it seems. The bigger the ad in the yellow pages, the worse they are, it seems. Word of mouth is the best way to find the right guys. I'm remodeling two bathrooms. No one that is doing any of the work advertises at all, yet they are very busy.

If you find a good guy, treat him well and he will treat you well and he will also know who does other types of work and who to avoid.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hi None,

I have her Kill Filed where ever I come across her. I can't see anything she writes, but still she stalks me and screeds all over me. She once threatened violence on me in a dark alley. (She was pissed that I called my wife a "Trophy Wife".)

You should see the disloyal crap she writes about her husband and daughter.

I think she may have even called me a "pig" lately. If so, it is my favorite. If not, there is always hoping.

The best way to forget all about a drama queen, 20 on the

4 to 10 crazy scale, psycho chick is to talk guns.

Can you believe what they have done to the M14? That was a classically beautiful rifle to start with. Now it looks like a P4 on steroids.

-T

Okay, I know I threatened to smack Stormin' with a Nerf newspaper in heaven, but that was teasing and was meant to tell him both that I thought he was wrong AND that I thought he was going to heaven anyway as he is a good man, false gods and all. Plus Nerf doesn't hurt.

Reply to
Todd

That's what this good guy said. He said he doesn't even advertise any more. Neither does my roofer. I saw his crew working two doors down and watched them for a while. I was pleased with the way they worked so I asked the neighbor who they were and hired them.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Bull pucky Todd. I never threatened violance on your or anyone else. And certainly not in a dark alley. I am a woman and know to avoid them. Not that we even have any alleys were I live. Dark or otherwise. And I sure as hell don't stalk you. You came back spreading lies on the diabetes food group and told those of us who use the diabetes drug Metformin, Met Heads. And you said that insulin was nasty. I am afraid of you Todd Afraid that you might kill a diabetic by telling them not to use insulin.

And yes, I was pissed at you for calling your wife a Trophy Wife. It's not a nice term to call someone. And I'll bet that your wife wouldn't like to know that you refer to her as stuff.

Disloyal? Whatever in the hell does that mean?

I probably did, based on something that you said. You were right nasty over there on alt.food.diabetic and you kept calling an elderly Jewish woman crabby. Not only that but you did it right before a big Jewish holiday so she couldn't even see what you wrote.

And what kind of person would talk guns? Not one I would ever be around. Even more reason to be afraid of you.

Somehow that doesn't come across as a nice thing to say. You have a really warped and sick sense of humor.

And note that I am not normally one to carry things from newsgroup to newsgroup but you and some others started it by telling lies about me over here. So...

And now I shall leave this group as clearly there is no reason for me to be here. I can just look elsewhere on the Internet if I need an answer or I can post OT and ping Ed on the food newsgroup because he does give answers if he knows them and he doesn't mess around with me. :)

Reply to
Julie Bove

Virtually all factory food has wheat and sugar added to it. Wheat and sugar are extremely damaging to your health. Most people that eliminate wheat and sugar from their diet can throw away their Metformin and other pharmaceuticals.

But don't take my word for it. Meet Dr William Davis and Dr Robert Lustig. Both are very rare physicians in that they are honest. Instead of pushing drugs, they push science facts that will restore your health.

Taxpayer

Why? Like automobile drivers I am wary of armed people until proven competent.

Reply to
rbowman

Unless it has changed, in NC you can not carry concealed in a bank or credit union as per state law.

Not long ago you could not carry in a funeral procession, but this has been changed.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Because no one is likely to act out when they know others can defend themselves. Look where all the mass shootings happen. They are always free shooting (gun free) zones. More guns, less crime. Exception: burglary when the premises are unattended.

Reply to
Todd

Hi Taxpayer,

She is a physiologically unbalanced drama queen possessed of a deamon.

Warming people about side effects is not telling them not to use the stuff. The side effect from all Diabetes drugs are legendary. And mostly withheld from their users.

The reference to Met (Metformin) Heads is one of the side effect of Met is depression, often manifested as delusional paranoia. Yep, everyone is picking on you. Other sides are memory loss, cognitive decline, hair loss, asthma, skin spots, spewing diarrhea, rebound effect (your blood sugar goes higher). I had the Paranoia thing real bad when I was taking the s***. Had to do a lot of apologizing when I came off it.

Julie, in her fog of a brain, got pissed at my warning of the problems of Metformin (mainly describing myself). She lives off of fights and drama. I was taking a hit on myself to help others, which, of course, annoyed Julie's daemon.

Carbs are powerfully addictive. I would add to your list all food like substances that have been hybridized for low nutrition, high energy carbohydrate levels not found in nature. Some of those would be corn, rice, potatoes, beans, every grain. (Julie would refer to this a spreading lies.)

And add to that ALL "Healthy Carbs". Brown or white, they are all a bag of sugar to your body. "Healthy Carbs" are what caused my Diabetes injury. I can't believe I ever believed that special interest nonsense.

I can attest to the honesty thing. The information I needed and requested was with held from me. I had find it out on my own.

I refer to Diabetes as "Cash Cow" disease. First Big Ag and Big Gov get rich getting you to eat their high carbs, then after they blow out your pancreas, they hand you over to Big Med, Big Pharma, and Big Gov who get rich pushing drugs and cutting your legs off. It is all about the following the money.

What really angers me off is that Big Med, Big Pharma, and Gig Gov (who makes it all possible) tell you all about the hazards of high blood sugar (which are correct), but they refuse to tell you there is anything wrong with the addictive s*** Big Ag and Big Gov push. Then they refuses to tell you the hazards of taking Allopathic drugs (controlled dosages of poisons) to treat the injury they helped cause.

"Lets see now, add a poison to control a problem. Wonder if my body will eventually react to the poison? I wonder why it is I am afraid to go to work from s***ing all over my self and why is everyone picking on me? And why am I having trouble thinking?"

"I have an idea! How about I just remove the carbs! Then I won't have blood sugar problems, won't have to take controlled dosages of poisons, people will stop picking on me, and I will stop s***ing all over myself! And, look-e-here, I can think again!"

No. Can't have that. Big Gov got its palmed waxed too much for that! EAT THOSE HEALTHY CARBS! (I only sound pissed. You should see what I really think.)

Haven't read the above, but I already know what they are going to say. I am now drug free for over a year and completely under control.

If anyone is curious, here is how:

By the way, once you learn to cook for it, the food is really, really good. The lifestyle is healing too.

I know of one guy who committed suicide because he refused to kick the carbs. His wife describe his last days to me bed ridden with her having to give him his insulin injection. I know of another guy who won't give up the carbs and has so far lost both feet, had a huge heart attack, blew out both his kidney's, is on dialysis, and is on the kidney transplant list. By the way, when he found out I had diabetes, told me how I could regulate insulin so I could eat pie. Such is the nature of addiction.

-T

Reply to
Todd

Missed one: another one of the side effect of Metformin is permanent insomnia

Reply to
Todd

civilized? really? laws? How about the fact that it's our Constitutional *RIGHT* have you missed the beheadings, home invasions, carjackings, muggings, murders, assaults, road rage, rapes? let me guess, you're a cast member of that show Utopia, aren't ya?

Reply to
ChairMan