Cutting Concrete?

This stuff would probably be better to fill the cracks than sand, crack filler, or resurfacer:

nowforsale

About fifteen years ago, before my father retired, he was doing rigging and station maintenance for the electric company. They were removing a station, and all the sidewalks. Being the cheap bastard that he is, he took out the sidewalks at the station in 3' x 5' squares with a chain saw based cut-off saw (utility owned), loaded them one at a time in his pick-up (with the utility's backhoe), and brought them home. We unloaded them with an antique fork lift and skids, and set them in a trench that had been dug especially for them where he wanted pavement. Demn those f****rs were heavy! But they are still there, still level, and, due to the age and type of concrete (pea-gravel), look better than the rest that was poured when he ran out of sidewalk to bring home.

Reply to
Husky

I have planted just a ton of trees at all my homes, over the years, and always, always, drip watered them for years and years, to drive the roots down. I planted these trees, and kept the roots down by watering them deep, and long, but a divorce, move out, win back the house, etc, took three years, and she just used the lawn sprinklers for twenty minutes a night during the drought, which resulted in giant roots at the surface..... :-( Oh well, I am not big on fancy golf course lawns and perfect yards anyway

There is a distributor just across town. Looks like good stuff, so thanks, and I will be paying them a visit to see what they can do for me.

I figure its worth a shot, and it if doesn't go that cleanly, I can just get ugly with it. I do believe that I will be renting a concrete saw, and doing it the easier way. FWIW, I found someone who will loan me his diamond blade, and I am gonna take a shot at it with the skil saw, just to see for myself what it would be like, but I admit that since the blade is $30, and a new saw is twice that, might as well use a concrete saw. That's the best chance of getting any useful pieces that might find their way around the garden, etc....

Anyway, lots of great advice from so many. I surely do appreciate it, and figure that once its done, I will pass on what happened for the next guy to find, when its his turn to cope with this kind of issue :-)

Much obliged to everyone.

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to