Crooked ATT Celular

I noticed since changing to ATT celular family plan my units were disapearing faster than I used them. My call pack is 500 units so I have to be carefull. I checked my online actual call times at ATT against my call times of my phone and noticed about 30-40% of my calls inbetween one and 3 minutes were tacked on an additional unit-minute. Example, if the call is 1: 32 its bumped up to 3 minutes. Since I make alot of business calls at 1-3 minutes this has forced me tp upgrade from the cheapest ATT call plan of 500 minutes to a more expensive plan. I think its a scam by att to get people to pay more to ATT. Check your phone call log and compare it to your bill.

So besides complaining, should I contact the FCC. I think this would make a nice class action lawsuit where ATT refunds billions.

Reply to
ransley

Also my month call period just ended, I had near 2300 roll over minutes and only 700 rolled over, I called ATT last night and they said "Wait it will be there" well its not there Mr ATT. Slow internet speed, phone doesnt always ring or goes right to voice mail, and crooked billing. ATT SUCKS

Reply to
ransley

How would that work? Typical class action go like this: Lawyers would compete to see who could get it certified as a class. Class members would receive numerous mailings telling them about the action. A year letter class members would get a letter that would describe something like: The action has been settled, as a member of the class you are awarded $5. The payment is included as a coupon to be used to purchase services from ATT. Dewey, Cheatum & Howe as representatives of the class has agreed to accept $18,569,345 as their fee...

Reply to
George

I have no idea, im just pissed im being cheated, and thats besides the crap service I am locked into. Sometimes my internet is to slow to watch netflx, and I pay for 3mb download, the best I can get at my location and I cant get their Uverse, ive tried.

Reply to
ransley

Ask to speak to a district manager. Write a carefully worded letter to the editor of your local newspaper, ATT hates the negative publicity.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I think if a million people have needed to upgrade to a plan that costs more because they need more minutes from this scam, they desreve a refund. For me thats 360$ a year. This could be a billion dollar lawsuit. where people get big refunds.

Reply to
ransley

Especialy now with Verizon having the iphone. Yes my local Chicago newpapers.

Reply to
ransley

I'm with you on this one, for sure. AT&T is the worst provider I've ever used. The "direct to voice mail feature" is particularly onerous. I don't know which is worse, that, or the "dropped calls when showing 3 or 4 bars feature".

I use Optimum cable for Internet access, the tube and landline, so no problem there. The cellular is another matter entirely. I have a first generation iPhone, so no contract and cheap unlimited data, but the phone service is almost enough to cancel out the other benefits.

RicodJour

RicodJour wrote in news:869211c4-bb79-44b2- snipped-for-privacy@x1g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

Living in New Jersey, I /was/ commuting into NYC, but now I am happily retired - na na na na nana). ATT IPhone 3 GS. I've had little or no problems with it, certainly fewer than with my Sprint Samsung phone. And it is a great toy!

Reply to
Han

Have you talked to ATT? What did they say? In the 13 years I've had their service, I've never encountered such a thing. Minutes are rounded up to a full minute, but never any additional tacked on. That 1:32 is billed at 2.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's curious. Nobody responded to your question with the dreaded words "Public Service Commission"

Reply to
Michael B

I have an Iphone4 and Ipad2, great, but the minutes billed are bogus, check yours.

Reply to
ransley

Yes I talked to them, but its adding now to thousands of units, and my rollover [ Just checked] aint there. I figure more are being screwed besides me. I think ita Family Plan 500 thats being screwed to push you to Family Plan 700, but i now need 2000 +

Reply to
ransley

I think thats the, Federal Communication Commission , FCC

Reply to
ransley

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity. Just like I don't think the feds are capable of black-helicopter plots, I don't think the ATT octopus is capable of an organized fraud scheme. The bills are fubar'd because they don't know how to run a network or a back office operation. It'll be years, if ever, before the revived Ma Bell actually is run like a single company again.

Reply to
aemeijers

2-

If Bank of America could deliberately order check clearing against checking accounts to generate the most overdraft fees, I see no reason why ATT could not be capable of hosing customers on airtime. BOA just settled with the govt on the above issue and paid $400mil in fines.

Here's what BOA was doing. Let say 4 checks came in drawn on a particular checking account for $25, $50, $75, and $200. There was $220 in account. They deliberately sequenced the checks, cashing the $200 one first, so they could then bounce the other three and charge the bounced check fee on the other three.

I have Verizon and I've seen them do some slimy things. You go buy a new phone and find out later when looking at monthly bills that they added insurance coverage to the phone. They never asked me about it, nor did I have it before. I've had friends with similar experiences, where when you get a new phone they turn on some additional service without telling you.

Reply to
trader4

ransley wrote in news:c7d64482-b24d-465a-a4f8- snipped-for-privacy@i14g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

I just have an iPhone 3GS with a 700 minute shared plan. We never approach that amount of calls, so I don't have to monitor ...

Reply to
Han

2-

Its greed, not malice

Reply to
ransley

4b2-

Im hosed by increased minutes

Reply to
ransley

My iphone 3gs , [ iphone 4] How do you know those calls you made of

1.8 minutes are not being charged at 3 minutes, you dont unless your phone monitors it. you may qualify for a 500 minute plan.
Reply to
ransley