Whos got the biggest bang for buck , on anytime cell phone minutes ???

I live in the Midwest, and need at least 1200 anytime minutes/mo. being self employed (1500 preferred) ; so far, the best ive found is : "T-Mobile" which has 3,000 anytime minutes (regional) for $49 ., which includes new phone , calls to the continental U.S. from my region which are my state plus the surrounding states, voicemail, caller i.d., etc... Is this about the best around ???

Also, if you have T-Mobile , how is their cell reception ?

Thanks, Norman

Reply to
JustCallMe Norman

Sounds like a good deal to me Norman.

I had terible luck with signal in the T-mobile system, but they have some of the best packages available in my area (DFW, TX) I switched to Cingualr two years ago and have had much better connections.Since Cingular and ATT have merged ( I think that's who it was ) the signal has not varied either. I have talked to others that complain of their ATT not being as good as it was before the merge though.

Dollars being dollars, and connections being connections, I guess the Dollars are best on the T-mobile.You have a computer, I'd suggest looking at the websites and plans available. Don't forget Sprint,.............LOL ( that's a joke, ok? ) I have never known anyone with SPrint that liked it. Except for the cool phone they got with service agreement............

( sprint,....just in case you wnt to look)

(Verizon Wireless)

These are the Majors. others available if cost control turns out to be a factor, are: Trac Phone and Virgin Mobile and many more of the pay as you go phone plans..................

Good luck

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Thanks for the info. Bud !

Reply to
JustCallMe Norman

Consumer Reports Feb 05 issue rated T-Mobile 2nd best overall (behind Verizon) in Chicago, Minneapolis, and Detroit.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

On 1/2/2005 12:58 PM US(ET), JustCallMe Norman took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Your best bet would be to find out what everyone else is using in your area. Getting a cheap price is not going to help if you can't get a signal in your areas of travel. I live in NYS and the big players here are Nextel, CellularOne, Verizon, and Sprint. My wife has a Nextel and I have a CellularOne. If we travel from our house to a relatives house some 20 miles away (hilly area), her Nextel gets no signal, but my CellularOne gets 4 bars.

Reply to
willshak

I don't have a cell phone. but both of my sons have T-Mobile and they are self employed. They don't seem to have a problem. Both have 600 minutes each for $39.99 but after taxes tacked on it runs $54.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat

"JustCallMe Norman" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3237.bay.webtv.net...

This is Turtle.

I live in the out areas of central Louisiana where the signals for cell phone are far and few between. I had Centennial and Cell 1 service and they sucked big time for getting a signal. i switched to Cingular about 2 years ago and got good calling signals just about everywhere in the back woods. ATT went with them like others have said and I think the signals got even better. The other may have a better deal but the signal is better with that Cingular peoples. I pay $39.99 for 450 minutes to home phones '' to or from '' anywhere in the U.S.A. and unlimit calls to any other Cigular / ATT customers and 5000 minutes nites and week ends. I also have 3 way calling , caller I.D. , call forwarding, voice mail, and everything you can put on it for still $39.00 a month. I have two other techs that work with me in my business which has other plans with Cingular and when we are on a big building hvac job. We just call each other 3 way calling and use them as a three way walky talky and just leave them on talking back and forth all the time to know what the other one is doing on get each tech to set the controls right. Just stick it in your shirt pocket and talk while your working and all day if you like. You can talk with it in your shirt pocket and talk and hear good. I have 3,000 minutes but mostly in the day time on my bill but still pay the flate $39.99 price. The most I use of the 450 anytime minutes to home phones is 300 and get 150 minutes rolled over to the next month to use. I have 900+ roll over minutes right now and use it for 3,000 minute a month too. Your only draw back will be if you have to call home or business phones or non-att or cingular customers but here Cingular and ATT is boss.

Here I don't think they even have T-Moble service. If you can't make calls when you want , the cheapest deal is too high. I'm not doing like that fellow on tv who say " Can you hear me know" .

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

More important, is will it work where you are? I have Cingular but it does not work well where I work. Verizon does not work at all at my house. Your area may be again different. Check out a few people in the are you travel and see what kind of signal they get.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Never buy a cellphone plan based solely on price. Usually the worst carriers offer the best deals. 3,000 minutes is meaningless if there is no or poor signal where you might want to use the phone.

Reply to
George

I run the phones for a shop of 25 people.... I'm sold on Nextel. Excellent customer service, reliable phones with good voice quality. They also have "unlimited free incoming" plans, which works out well for my people.

On the downside, looks like Nextel will soon be SprintTel, and things will then be completely screwed up beyond repair.

A good way to do some research on the net: Search for "Sprint sucks", "Nextel sucks", "TMobile sucks", etc. There are nightmare stories about all the carriers, but in my experience, Sprint has always had the worst coverage/quality/customer service in the world and known universe.

Reply to
Matt

Where I live the service and coverage is excellent. YMMV.

Visit their web site or a local dealer and ask to see the coverage area where you will be using the phone. Those maps are usually the maximum area. The closer you get to the edges of the area the weaker the signal. With any service there always a few missed pockets. For the first two years I got a great signal everywhere including my house except in my home office. They finally added another tower and now it works fine.

3K minutes per month? Do you work or just talk on the phone all day?:))

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

I have T-Mobile in the Cleveland area and their service is fine. One thing that drove me to them was needing a tri-band phone for when I am traveling,

You need to consider the provider and the phone. I used to have Sprint and their service was OK outside, but the Samsung phone they gave me just wouldn't work inside. When I complained, they said that concrete and steel in buildings interfered with the service, but there isn't a lot of steel and concrete in my old wood-frame house, and it wouldn't work in there. Another company sold my son service in Danville KY, but his home was outside their range so it was a total waste; he had to put a lot of effort into getting out of that "deal".

If you are buy> I live in the Midwest, and need at least 1200 anytime minutes/mo. being

Reply to
William Brown