Credit scores shold be abolished!

There is no consistency between the prevailing 3 credit scoring companies. There are other means of proving credit-worthiness. It only takes one of the prevaiing credit scoring companies to negatively affect the outcome of a credit check, particularly when pertaing to a variety major purchases.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

For the score to be so much worse that it's an issue, you'd think there would be some identifiable reason, eg something on there is wrong. If so, you can get it removed.

Reply to
trader_4

If one is significantly lower, get a copy of your credit report. You can challenge any errors.

MyTransUnion is 825 but Experian is only 810. Vantage 827. When I bought a new car they dropped about 10 points but have come back.

Car dealers use a different score and I had 881 out of 900.

In any case, there are ways to challenge the results. Get the errors corrected

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I don't know mine and don't really care but see that they range from 300 to 850. If you are close to the top, what difference does it make?

Reply to
Frank

On Mon 12 Mar 2018 04:01:08p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

I dond't actually have a problem with my personal scores from the 3 bureaus. I simply think they're unnecssary. Originally the Retail Credit Company (now Equifax) was developed (read instigated) by the wolford Brothers in 1989. Then along came two more. We were doing just fine before any of them existed. As far as I'm concern they're totally unnecessary. I know they won't go away, and there may actually be more of them. I'm just glad I'm closer to the end of my life than to the beginning. Lifef was far less toublesome and complicated.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 12 Mar 2018 05:07:09p, Frank told us...

My scores are over 800, but that wasns't my point. And, yes, I do care even if you don't.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Some people try to game the system to get those last few points for a perfect 850. I don't keep an outstanding balance on any of the cards but I've noticed if I'm traveling and charge more motels and gas the score goes up a few points that month but never close to 850. I lose a lot of sleep over that.

Reply to
rbowman

I don't know or care either, having not made use of credit at all in nearly 40 years. No loans, not even so much as applying for a credit card. Zero debt.

Reply to
Roger Blake

I'm confused. You posted this:

"There is no consistency between the prevailing 3 credit scoring companies. There are other means of proving credit-worthiness. "

Now you say all your scores are over 800, so what inconsistency are you talking about? And since you think the rating agencies should be abolished, what are these other means that people who are about to evaluate your credit worthiness should use? Let's say you've applied to a store for a credit card. What methods should they use to figure out if you're credit worthy, if you have a history of paying bills on time or not, etc?

Reply to
trader_4