could go back through

I suppose I could go back through 2 years of archives and find it but you defended the idea of "going home" when those people were dodging the East Coast quarantines and hitting the airports and I-95. Deny it if you like. I really don't give a shit anymore.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yet another example of making a claim and then abandoning it when you get called on it. In this case, giving it up was a smart move.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Like always, now you've moved on to something different than what you claimed, which was that I had said cruise ship passengers infected with Covid should be allowed to just scatter into the wind.

Reply to
trader_4

I didn't say they should be, You justified it last year by saying they "just wanted to go home".

Reply to
gfretwell

Like I said, you're just all confused again. First, it wasn't last year. The cruise ships holding offshore with Covid infected passengers was in spring of 2020, nearly two years ago. Second, I most definitely did not say that when the ships did dock, that the Covid infected passengers should just be allowed to scatter to the wind and go home, wherever that might be. Good evidence of that I know what was going on and what I said or didn't say is that you didn't even know that the passengers in California had been taken off to quarantine at a military base. I did and provided the link for you.

Reply to
trader_4

I am aware of when it was although I misstated it. That was when they tried to lock down Broward County and I wrote that the people had a traffic jam on I-95 trying to get out of town. At that time you said they were just trying to get home. Well they did, and took Covid with them. Ny/Nj was a hot spot within a week or two You can deny it if you like, I don't care. You were right and I acknowledged it to you and Scott that the state of California actually did do something right out of the 3d reich. Round them up and send them to the camps. No due process, not even any proof they were infected. Scary shit.

After all of their oppression, California didn't fare that much different than Florida.

California is an interesting place tho. You can commit all manner of "minor" crime without any interference from the cops but they lock you up if they even suspect you have Covid

Reply to
gfretwell

Hey dumbshit - didn't you just agree that it was the federal government that quaranteed the cruise ship passengers on a federal air force base?

And the first part of your statement is also patently false.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

So you conflated those people with the people infected with Covid on cruise ships.

NY/NJ was one of the original Covid hotspots in the very beginning and I never saw anyone attribute it to people coming up from Florida, until you just did.

Another attempt to divert detected and rejected. What I denied saying was that people that had Covid on cruise ships should be allowed to disembark and "scatter to the wind", go home. And I deny that, because I never said it.

And now you just trivialized the holocaust. The ADL and similar are after Robert Kennedy Jr for doing similar with his anti-vax BS.

Another fallacy, you're on a winning streak.

Reply to
trader_4

It was how Covid came into South Florida. The first cases were traced to the cruise ships. At least that is what they told us but this whole Covid boondoggle has been laced with half truths and guesses so who knows?

Reply to
gfretwell

One very wise man said it would be gone by April. Went downhill from there.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

DeSantis is still fighting mandates and mask requirements and says the CDC is wrong to ban the monoclonal treatments that don't work.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

From cruise ships? WTTF? Cites for that.

If that is true, which I seriously doubt, then you should be all over your brilliant governor, who could have quarantined cruise ship passengers that were infected. Instead, he was suing cruise ship companies that required vaccination to get on to a cruise.

Certainly not you.

Reply to
trader_4

I know who you are talking about. The governor that does not want interference from the Feds but makes his own mandates of private companies.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Fretwell's memory is still faulty.

On March 1, 2020, the U.S. state of Florida officially reported its first two COVID-19 cases, in Manatee and Hillsborough counties. In response, Governor Ron DeSantis then declared a public health emergency. There is evidence, however, that community spread of COVID-19 began in Florida much earlier, perhaps as early as the first week of January,[4] with as many as 171 people in Florida who had shown symptoms now identified with COVID-19, prior to receiving confirmation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. By March 11, the CDC saw evidence to conclude that community spread of the virus had occurred within the state.[5]

The lady in Hillsborough had just returned from Italy by air.

Those two cases are in west florida; I'm not sure what Fretwell considers "south florida", however, it is clear from the above that COVID was already established in the state by March 9, 2020 when the Grand Princess (in the Caymens, at the time) detected the first infection.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 27 Jan 2022 19:47:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote: ....

So Covid was first brought in by manatees. That's why I try to avoid them.

And I see they've been dying at an alarming rate. Covid is a terrible thing.

I'm aligned with the populist manatee population that opposes having royalty in the manatee community. No titles of nobiity.

Reply to
micky

Micky, I am so disappointed with you. I live in Manatee county and was working on a project to be named Prince of Manatee. I was counting on your backing (and financing, of course) and now you say this?

I've even been vaccinated and boosted. In England the booster shot is spelled boochester. Pronounced the same as Worchester. I'd make a good Prince.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Trouble is that it is a Prince of Darkness and we actually need lots of light now.

Reply to
Kemle