copper wire scrap

Up thread someone posted that they take burned copper if one can provide a document from IINM the police that the source was a fire.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

As is (burned wire) abut 2/3 of "bright" copper last I checked.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Now there's an idea. I can come up with witnesses as to when one house and a school was demolished and neighbors can attest to the remodel of my house. That plus being friends (and having worked for) the county Sheriff...

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

copper if one can provide a document from IINM the police that the source was a fire.

Would not want to take burned copper if the source was a hurricane, or flood? Might have got burned copper from a pandemic?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The issue is the _burning_ of it, not the cause of it being burned. I seri ously doubt it would be accepted. Burning it is illegal and it could be str ipped. In the case of a pandemic? There are always exceptions and I would guess that the 'document from law enforcement' would cover that.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K