Contractors: What do you use for tax software?

Hello all,

I am helping my buddy do his taxes. He is a small-time contractor, usually doing minor remodeling and repairs.

I looked at TurboTax versions and could not figure out what to get. There are so many of them!

For those of you who are doing their own taxes, what do you use?

Costco for example, sell the following:

An online retailer has this:

In addition to doing my buddy's taxes, I am looking for aversion that would also file two additional personal income taxes.

Thanks!

Reply to
Deguza

Hello all,

I am helping my buddy do his taxes. He is a small-time contractor, usually doing minor remodeling and repairs.

I looked at TurboTax versions and could not figure out what to get. There are so many of them!

For those of you who are doing their own taxes, what do you use?

Costco for example, sell the following:

An online retailer has this:

In addition to doing my buddy's taxes, I am looking for a version that would also file two additional personal income taxes.

Thanks!

Reply to
Deguza

That should do it. Have you looked at the on-line versions?

You don't pay anything until the end and they can give help if needed to direct you to a different form. If you don't like it, don't file and you have lost nothing but some time. Should work though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I send the guy $10 every year as well.

Reply to
makolber

I use that edition of Turbotax too even though just me and my little consulting business. I like to buy it but know it is cheaper on-line. It is a business tax deduction. Turbotax a year or two ago pushed us into it when they removed business part from lower additions. I know there are cheaper or free ways to go but may be more bothersome to work with and are essentially beta testing so they can improve and sell more and raise their price or start charging. TT stores all your previous work and brings you back to the form with name, EIN etc making it easy to fill in. Getting old and thought I might hire someone a couple of years ago and got offhand quote of at least $400 from H&R Block. No thanks, cost me maybe $85 this year and took less than 2 hours with TT.

Reply to
Frank

I did use this. However, one year I found out that Turbotax got me better deductions, so I am being a bit careful with it. These days, if a friend has a simple return, I do it with it.

Reply to
Deguza

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:06:24 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

TaxACT Premium $47 Fed edition