Continuous rim wet saw blade

I purchased a 10 inch wet saw blade to cut patio block. Oldcastle or EP Henry concreate block. I noticed that there are continuous rim wet saw blades and segmented wet/dry blades. The directions say to use a continuous rim blade.

Is one blade (cont vs seg) better then the other and can I use the segmented blades even thou the directions say to get a continuous rim blade?

I'm thinking the water stays on the continuous blade better. Maybe there is more spash with the segmented blade. The saw isn't like the 4 inch tile saw where the blade sits in the water, it has a pump that shoots it onto the blade from the top.

Also, is there one blade that cuts better then the rest? Forget about price I don't want the tool to struggle. I don't mind paying $60 at Lowes or the Depot if it out performs the $25 Harbor Freight blade.

Reply to
Fred

Since I am far from an expert on this subject I took a quick look at a few Google links using the search phrase "Difference between continuous rim wet saw blades and segmented wet/dry blades" without the quotes. Quickly scanning what came up I feel pretty sure I confirmed what I already believed.

Continuous rim wet saw blades last longer and cut slower. Segmented blades cut faster and die quicker. They also are more prone to chipping some materials. Having used both I tend to prefer the segmented when cutting brick or stone for a patio. The cr is my choice for interior tile jobs.

The last little patio I did I used a segmented in dry mode to both cross cut and rip the pavers.

Here are three of the links I looked at:

Colbyt