Modifying a saw blade

Hello, I have just bought an inexpensive corded reciprocating saw to cut firewood in branch diameters of a maximum of say 6 inches.

I tried some Bosch wood blades in 240mm size from Screwfix.( 5 teeth per inch)

They don't seem all that fast.

I wondered if I could cut down a bow-saw blade which I use for hand cutting and drill a small hole too for fitting into the recip saw. These blades cut both ways but are, of course, designed for a longer stroke.. the recip saw stroke is only 28mm. I am thinking it would be very difficult to cut the blade and to drill it. Is it possible at all for an amateur to do ? Thanks for your thoughts. David

Reply to
gilli

Try the greenwood blades that TS do. Cheap and disposable and probably cut about as fast as a receip saw is going to.

Reply to
John Rumm

if you still want to do it, angle grinder. Or perhaps even mod the existing blade by taking out some teeth, if you want to play.

NT

Reply to
NT

Bow saw blades are designed to be used under tension. No good for your application. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin dangling via a don