Consumers Reports Fraud ?????

Why were Sonys Excluded from a last published issue.

Sonys are all I own, 3. Sonys are everywhere.

They say they buy at public stores. Whats up.

Consumer Reports wont Respond on this or April Air - Spaceguard

Reply to
m Ransley

Sony what? Video recorder, radio what?

CR does not test every model and brand of every product. They do tend to test those that are generally available and are in the general price range and feature range they are testing. If something of special interest is available and does not fit they may do a special report on it.

Why do you think it was a fraud? Are you suggesting they got paid not to include it?

BTW how do you like the ones you have? How do you think they would stack up to the ones CR did test?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Lot of reasons. For example, they could have tested models that were discontinued shortly before publication so they dropped them from their results.

Reply to
Art

I have subscribed to Consumers Reports for years and I have not noticed them singling any one product out to ignor it in their testing. I did a quick online check of Consumer Reports website in the Electronics category...the first item I checked was an evaluation of Camcorders completed in July 2004. Sony was one of the Camcorders being evaluated. It seems like Consumer Reports has rated Sony's televisions very highly in recent years.

I too have Sony products but they are not the only high quality products you can buy!

Regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill

Check Phones

Reply to
m Ransley

We have a set of Sony 2.4GHz cordless phones/intercom/answering machine that we bought two or three years ago on closeout. I can't say that they are wonderful, but they are OK. I don't recall ever seeing Sony telephones in a store since we got ours; I assumed that Sony was no longer making telephones.

MB

On 07/17/04 08:03 pm m Ransley put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

sony is ok stuff with a few notable execeptions (de series av receivers dated 200-2002ish come to mind), but you can do as good for less. check the home theater group if you want info on av gear.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Sony's reign as a "superior"product ended years ago. OK is about the best you can say about them now. Overpriced and living on an old reputation. The bigger they got, the worse the quality control. Now, they supply an entire chain of outlet stores with their refurbs.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

I don't trust CR's evaluations of phones. A few years back they gave a Radio Shack corded big-button phone a high rating. My experience with that model was not acceptable due to radio interference -- a parameter that CR never mentioned in the article, and I assume they never evaluated.

Reply to
Bob