Connector ID please

I used to replace APC UPSes because a new "genuine APC" battery pack cost more than a new UPS on sale from Staples, Costco, etc. However, having not thrown out the old UPSes, I have simply bought new batteries for some of them and returned them to service. The last few batteries came from Chrome Battery (with which I have no relationship other than as a satisfied customer).

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Well, the

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The only piece of equipment I've ever installed that required a true sine wave output UPS was an Intertel GMX-48 phone system and that was more than 20 years ago. I don't think it had a switching power supply most of which don't care about the quality of power supplied to them. I imagine electronic gear of the future will operate on the electrical charge produced when you walk across a carpet. Anyway, I must pick up another case of 12 volt AGM batteries with 1/4" Faston terminals at the supply house so I can repair some of the 1kw and larger rack mount UPS units I have holding down the carpet. We just picked up a 55" LCD TV from an individual desperate for cash and I'll see if a UPS will work on it. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Very true! Most anything with a switching power supply you can feed a ringing square wave and it'll just keep on working. I was honestly quite surprised when the TV started making a loud buzzing when the power went off and my old APC UPS kicked in. But a used true sine wave UPS was cheaper than a different TV, and I needed another UPS anyway so I could put one on the FiOS box - apparently the internal battery only backs up the POTS line not the cable TV or internet. I don't care so much about CATV but having the interwebs drop out is annoying :)

Mine's a Samsung, couple years old, just for reference.

Are you getting a quantity deal on the batteries? I know they're a high markup item.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

A few years ago there was a Crown Battery industrial supply house that had them for $7.00ea in case quantities but the company shifted its focus at that location and no longer carries the AGM/gel cells so I pick them up at one of the electronic supply houses for $16.00ea or less in case quantities. Batteries Plus stores have them for $25.00ea or more. BP is very expensive but they usually have or can get any battery. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sounds like it would be easier to open the case, and wire directly.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You can also see it here...