Cloudy Water

I've noticed that the hot water coming from the faucet is very cloudy, but the cold seems to be OK. Do you think it's a problem with the hot water heater? I only moved in recently, and the house was empty for about 3 months.

Reply to
rjljunk

It is most likely just dissolved air. Let it sit for a while and see if it starts to clear, starting from the bottom. The amount of air water can hold is temperature and pressure dependent.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

R > I've noticed that the hot water coming from the faucet is very cloudy, but R > the cold seems to be OK. Do you think it's a problem with the hot water R > heater? I only moved in recently, and the house was empty for about 3 R > months.

If cloudy and then clears within five minutes it is probably normal: air dissolved in water and is noticeable more in winter months due to the colder water in the supply pipes.

  • Intellectual: listen to William Tell Overture; not think of Lone Ranger
Reply to
barry martin