Cleaning glass pot lid (the kind with metal edge)

replying to Fern, 678 GoSeniors wrote: I try to boil the whole glass lid in a big pot and hope the stainless steel rim has more expanding than the glass but no luck. It is still dirty residue inside the gadge......

Reply to
678 GoSeniors

Glass lids with stainless rim look great...until you start using them.  Unfortunately they are a pain in the ass to keep looking great.  Remember, if you can't clean it easily, you don't want it.  Throw the fu cking thing in the trash.  Get a restaurant grade lid that is easy to clean.

Reply to
Tapa Dera

? Unfortunately they are a pain in the ass to keep looking great.  R emember, if you can't clean it easily, you don't want it.  Throw the f u cking thing in the trash.  Get a restaurant

Perhaps sometime in the 12 years since he posted, Stan has done exactly tha t.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

On Sun 01 Jul 2018 10:43:15a, Tapa Dera told us...

Several years ago I bought a set of CIrculon cookware all of which have glass lids with metal rims. I never had to scrub or scour the lids (either the glass or the metal). After every use I wash them in the dishwsher with Cascade Platinum dishwasher detergent. Never a spot or streak and absolutely no residue. Even the glass comes out spot free.

I'm a firm believe in preventive maintennce. If I had a lid like the one you describe I would immediately toss it. Some things either aren't worth saving or worth the effort to ressurect them.

IMHO, you're beating a dead horse.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

LMAO!!!

Reply to
Sheila2174

baking soda worked for me I also tried white vinegar.

Reply to
dee dee

Fabric softener is toxic and is absorbed through the skin. Try natural and organic cleaning products.

Reply to
Beachlady