Choosing a Toilet

You'd get the same review from our household, if you replaced the word "Wellworth" with "Toto".

C. Brunner

Reply to
C. Brunner

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:01:36 GMT, "MLD" wrote (with possible editing):

My understanding is that it isn't a problem. Our plumber said that if you could see inside the waste pipes, you would see piles of debris every so many feet. Each flush moves the pile along to the septic system or sewer system.

Sorry about Toyo vs. Toto, but regardless, our investigation indicates the Totos are better than Kohler. And to balance reports, one of our Kohlers - a very expensive model has needed to have the flapper valve replaced every two years - the others are ok.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

Reply to
Bob Bowles

I assumed as much. I guess the best criteria left are looks and price, as they both seem to work equally well.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Shafer

Toto.

But be sure to get one with a 2-1/8" fully glazed trapway. Toto Drake is good. The Kohler Wellworth is not a good choice.

Look at: "

"

Reply to
Steven Scharf

Reply to
Rudy

In spite of what Terry Love thinks I have had a Kohler Wellworth for over two years now that has worked flawlessly and if I needed another, that is what I would get.

Reply to
dufus

We're happy with the 3 Wellworths we've had for years.

Reply to
Nospambob1

I ended up choseing one of 3 that all cost about te same (and matching sink. ditto) because I love Baroque Architecture and it had definitely Baroque curves and angles. zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

We had 3 Wellworths in our last house and are putting 3 "comfort height" Wellworths ("Highline") in the new place we're building now.

R.

Reply to
Rudy

One thing I like about the Wellworth is a larger surface area of water in the bowl than American Standards that I have seen.

Reply to
Alan

Reply to
The Masked Marvel