Way off topic, t.v setting

I know this is a bit off topic, but I know you good people in this newsgroup are knowledgable on all matters. LOL I get conflicting answers from Sony, so thought I would ask here. I got a brand new sony kv27fs210 sony television. It is a regular 27 inch flat screen crt televison, not hd. It has a setting for 16:9 on it, that is for enchanced dvd viewing, but the selection is never highlighted to enable it. My year old sonic blue(go video) dvd-vhs combination does not have progressive scan on it, but it does have a setting for 16:9 on it. No matter what setting I set the dvd player for, the television does not highlight the 16:9 ratio for enchanced viewing. One person at sony told me you need a progressive scan, another told me you just need to set your dvd player for the proper setting. Nothing seems to enable it. Any ideas?? The sony instruction manual is pretty well useless, but it is a very fine t. v. set.

Much regards Jerry

Reply to
j.lef

How is the player connected to the TV? It might need to be connected through S-Video or even component video in order to activate that setting. The manual for your tv says that the option is only selectable when the tv is in video mode. You don't have it hooked up by a simple RF cable by any chance, do you?

j.lef wrote:

Reply to
Sparky

using three ended plugs for the two channels of stereo and the one for video, going from the dvd out to the tv in. Do I have it hooked up wrong?

Thanks for taking the time to answer this post. Much regards Jerry

Reply to
j.lef

Hi, Red - Stereo right White - Stereo left Yellow - video Usually S- video is for that only.(Super video) If you have more than one set of input, select proper one. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Try connecting the DVD video output using the RGB cable (Red, Green, Blue) in addition to the red and white audio. Leave the yellow video input disconnected.

Reply to
John Grabowski

One other thing. The DVD's that you are using may not have a 16:9 version on them. Some companies are selling 16:9 high definition DVD's separately.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Probably. That's composite video.

Reply to