Another thread reminded me...
When Dad got the wood stove a little too hot one time, he set the
chimney on fire. He had this thing that looked like a road flare that
he lit off and threw into the stove to put out the fire.
That was the only one he had. It'd been around for 30 years, just in
case, and it probably saved the house. It definitely saved a call to
the fire department and all the mess that would've caused.
Since then we've been looking everywhere for these chimney fire
extinguisher sticks. He's been to every wood stove dealer in the area.
Nobody's even heard of them.
Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Can you still get them?