channel balance installation

I raised a window up in my house to replace the missing screen and one of the channel balances came out of place. So I removed the window in an attempt to fix it and now I have both balances out and I can't figure out how to get them back in.

Any help?

Reply to
nbucko

Channel balances??? Are you referring to cthe ounterweights which hold the window sash in the up position? If so, you will have to remove the inside window trim. Inside will be a long,cylindrical iron weight in each side which is tied to a rope which, in turm, is attached to the window sash. Usually, the rope simply gets old and rots allowing the weight to drop to the bottom of the box. While you have it all apart you would be wise to replace the rope, resisting the urge to simply re-tie the rope to the weight.

Reply to
C & M