CFL question

I see single wattage CFLs and some made to act as a three-way lamp.

Is there such a thing as a dimmable CFL?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

No they aren't dimmable

Reply to
Gary Niskanen

Not true. There are one specifically made to be dimmable. I think I saw them in one of the last few issues of Fine Homebuilding. But, in general, this is true. Standard CFL's aren't dimmable.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Yes, there is. Most are not dimmable but a few are.

Furthermore, the Philips 23 watt SLS comes in both dimmable and non-dimmable versions. And the non-dimmable one is rated to withstand the heat of recessed ceiling fixtures.

Don Klipstein

Yes, the electronics to manage voltage has gotten smaller and I've seen some cfl's advertised as Dimmible.

Might want to check with the big package stores, Lowes, Home Depot, even WalMart.

tom @

Just Joshin