ceiling light problem, Help please.

Hi I have a small problem I need help with. I and in the middle of redoing my home and I and replacing three ceiling lights. The first two were no problem but the one in the living room has two black wires, two white wires and two green wires. I attached them all together (black with black etc..) and the light came on but when it switches off it blows a breaker. So I took down the light until I figure out what's the problem. When I bought the house the people that moved out took the chandler that was hanging in this room now its just a hole with wires hanging out and no light in this room. Anyone with electrical experience please help ....My wife is driving me crazy!!

Reply to
{AGUT}ODIN

Of your two cables in the box, one is the feed and one is going to the switch. First separate the wires and turn the power on. Using a tester find out which cable gives you 120 volts. Next turn off the power. The black wire that was live connects to the white wire of the other cable with a wire nut. The remaining white and black go to the white and black of your fixture and all the grounds go together

Reply to
RBM