Caulking...

I have never done this before so this may be a stupid question, but why is the caulking coming out of the bottom of the tube and not the spout. i am sure I have it loaded correctly in the gun, but nothing comes out of the spout. it is silicone stuff, and just redoing some seals around my tub.

pls help!

Reply to
Jon

take a long skinny screwdriver and stick it in the end the caulk is supposed to come out of.there is a seal in there needs to break.

ds549

Ok, bear with me if these seem overly simple, since you say you've never done this before:

  1. did you cut the tip off the spout?
  2. after cutting off the tip, did you pierce the seal? (poke a nail or long wire down into the spout, or some caulk guns have a wire attached for this purpose - the seal is at the base of the spout)
  3. Is it an old tube of caulk that's been used once already and now has a clogged tip?
Reply to
louie

Figured out there was another seal...thanks

Reply to
Jon