Cars play songs on flash drive in alphabetical order by file name.

You're welcome.

Any chance of a URL? Sounds potentially useful. (Though I'd probably forget I had it after a while!)

I don't know what "DOS" dir actually does if you don't give it the /o: parameter at all. []

(Not relevant, but it does amaze me how electronics has progressed. I already had something to play MP3s [my SatNav/GPS], which I played through a cassette adapter; when I had to change car, and got one that didn't have a cassette slot, I was amazed to be able to get a fully synthesized stereo FM transmitter gizmo for 3 pounds 20 [probably $3 in US] - even with a rechargeable battery and charging circuitry built in. [Though my faith was somewhat restored when I found it has the channels transposed {which doesn't really bother me}.])

Oops - I had been deleting that for non-UK 'groups. The petition only got 330 signatures in the six months anyway )-: [first threshold is

10,000 where you get a government reply (100,000 gets you a debate in parliament)].
Reply to
J. P. Gilliver (John

TCC/Le is the free one.

Alphabetical by file name.

I left something out. When watching the screen with RadioMaximus, you can see that the caption, the song title, changes a little before the song is over, and at least with the music stations I listen to (100FM and 181FM), the songs are stored individually, but the first 2 or 3 seconds of each song is at the end of one file, and the next file starts

2 or 3 seconds into the song.

Well, with the $16 gizmo, I can't hear the transition at all, even when I try, and I tried several times (and I didn't try 100's of times, but would have noticed anyhow). It goes straight from one file to the next. (If the songs didn't span files you'd expect a moment of silence between them, but here there is no silence. It sounds perfect.)

But with every car radio, Mazda, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, there was a moment, a full second, of silence or maybe not even silence, but a tiny thud or click, 2 or 3 seconds into every song.

Cheap is sometimes better.

I can't try it with my 2005 Toyota becaus it has no USB input (other than one or another gizmo.)

You're right.

Wow.

Reply to
micky

Thanks for those. (I wondered why you gave two until I looked at the first one: in my browser at least, the first one - that tells me about it - almost uniquely, has no link to the download one!) []

When I play mp3s on my SatNav, it plays a little blip at the start of any file, that comes from a few seconds into the file.

I've often found that! []

It's not a bad system: tends to get misused as a measure of public opinion (which it isn't - it only counts supporters for any petition, not those against [that's what my petition was about]), but at least it gives _some_ input for the populace. (The "debate" at 100k is _not_ necessarily - usually isn't - in the main chamber as seen on TV; it's usually in a committee room somewhere. [And usually a better debate for that.])

Reply to
J. P. Gilliver (John

yes it does.

there are two download links, a green button and an orange button, for

32 & 64 bit versions, and appear at the top *and* the bottom of the page. it's impossible to miss.

there is also a separate download link at the top right of the page, which goes to the second link listed above for all of their products. that link is also a drop-down menu to directly download the specific product.

Reply to
nospam