Car accessory

Years ago, I read a story in the readers Digest. I'll repeat it, below, from memory.

"My husband and I run a retail store, in the small tourist town of ####. One day some tourists came, in their car and parked out front. The one opened the door, and dumped a bunch of trash onto the parking lot. They came into the store. My husband, a locksmith, went out. He picked the lock on the trunk of thier car, and put the trash into thier trunk, and then closed the lid."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No they don't. Doctors aren't equipped to rush anywhere. Thats why we buy special vehicles fitted with lots of lights and sirens for paramedics. And you can ask any professional emergency vehicle driver and thy will tell you that they are trained not to speed. Their job is to get to where they are going safely without causing other accidents.

Reply to
George

In most jurisdictions they are specifically allowed to violate traffic laws if they can do it in a safe manner and the lights and siren must be activated when they are doing it. They are also specifically trained that it is the last choice to do that because the usual result is an accident or fatality because someone didn't have time to react because of the unexpected behavior.

Reply to
George

Maybe poor eyesight? The anti-hijacking rule is that you should be able to see the rear bumper of the car in front of you when stopping. This provides room to maneuver in case of a rapscallion outbreak.

Reply to
HeyBub

I think the guy was driving a Dodge Dart. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I was close, it's a 1971 Plymouth Valiant.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

re: a movie about a truck harassing a driver in the mountains

Years ago, as a young punk growing up in NYC, I was driving on the Long Island Expressway. The driver of a big panel truck was being a regular NYC a-hole - switching lanes, cutting people off, tailgating, etc.

Well, I could be as big a NYC a-hole as the next guy, so I boxed him in the middle lane for a while, slowed down in front of him for a while, and was just generally being a PIHA.

At one point, he was in the left lane and I was in the middle lane just slightly behind him. I could see he was going to catch up with a slower car in front of him, so I saw another chance to box him in and hit the gas to get alongside him before he could switch lanes.

Just as I pulled up next to him, a big, hairy arm came out of the passenger's window holding a baseball bat.

I slowed down and let him over.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Slam on your brakes !!!!!!!! Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

Reminds me the time I was on the freeway with a guy behind me a lot too close. I did the hard brake, and not sure he got the picture. He did pull out and pass, at the next possible moment. I was the car right behind him, and followed at my usual safe, comfortable distance. He did a hard brake, presumably "to punish me". Since I had a safe following distance, I just let off the gas, coasted a second or two, and then resume driving. It really illustrated our two driving styles.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I knew a guy that saw some Volvo-driving-yuppie-scum speeding through a parking lot at Stanford Shopping Center (the San Francisco Peninsula's Spiritual Center) endangering pedestrians in the lot. When the driver parked, he left his sun roof open. The guy I knew, walked around the parking lot picking up trash, and threw it into the car through the sun roof. This same guy I knew would always have a tire valve stem core removal tool with him. If someone did something obnoxious (like the trash thrower), he'd follow them, wait until they parked, and then remove all four valve cores and throw them away. They'd come out to four flat tires, though the tires would be undamaged.

Reply to
SMS