Can one buy drawers

Hi,

I would like to buy an armoire and install drawers in it. Is it possible to buy some basic drawers somewhere? I checked HD and Lowe's and they have drawer slides, but I didn't find any drawers.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

Any number of suppliers -- dags internet or look in FWW, FHB and/or other woodworking/homebuilding mag's.

--

Reply to
dpb

I tried that - no luck. DAGS didn't return anything and i don't have access to the magazines.

Reply to
Aaron Fude

In news:h40q5h$7v4$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org, Aaron Fude spewed forth:

ChairMan

I keep my drawers in my dresser with my socks after I iron them.

Reply to
1D10T

You don't have a library or a newsstand in vicinity??? We're rural, but...

first 10 dags results for wood drawer boxes of roughly 800,000...

# Dovetail Drawer Boxes... Scherr's Cabinet and Doors, Inc.

- Cached - Similar - # Keystone Wood Specialties - Custom Components for the Cabinet Industry
- Cached - Similar - # Keystone Wood Specialties - Dovetailed Drawer Boxes
- Cached - Similar - # DOVETAIL DRAWER BOXES
- Cached - Similar - # Cabinetstorage.com: All Wood Custom and Specialty Drawers by CCF ...
- Cached - Similar - # Drawer Organizer - Custom Drawer Box Made With a All Wood ...
- Cached - Similar # Häfele - Hafele Offers Custom Wood Drawer Boxes
./hafele-offers-custom-wood-drawer-boxes.asp - Cached - # Conestoga Wood Cabinet Doors, Drawer Boxes, Cabinets, Cabinet ...
- Cached - Similar - # Drawer Boxes walzcraft.com/walzcraft_44_ByFileCategoryID_333_1225.asp - Cached - # MCUSA Solid Wood Dovetailed Drawer Boxes
- Cached - Similar - ...

How hard was that... :(

--

Reply to
dpb

How about buying an old dresser (at a garage or house sale) and using the draws out of it?

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Ah. Boxers in boxes?

Reply to
stan

Drawers are made to fit an opening and there are no standards for that. Ask a woodworker or make your own boxes. Easy to make with a tablesaw. For corners you can use a drawer-lock joint or box joint for stength, or a simple rabbet joint for shallow or small drawer boxes. A dovetail joint is the strongest (and nicer looking) but usually not required with slides. Flush fit drawers are very nice but challenging, lipped drawer fronts install faster.

Reply to
Phisherman

Check with local cabinetmakers before you make your decision. I get paint-grade drawers for about $20, plus another $7 or so for the false front. Finish grade isn't a whole lot more. I can't make them myself for that price.

Reply to
SteveBell

You can get basic drawers at Wal Mart. If you want some frilly drawers, Victoria's Secret has a much better line to choose from.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski