Can all cook stoves use propane and natural gas?

Greetings,

I cannot give you a list of brands but some stoves CANNOT be converted according to the manufacturer. Of course ALL stoves can be converted by replacing all natural gas specific parts with propane specific ones but why not get one the manufacturer says is convertible? Find the one you are interested in and call the manufacturer from your mobile before inking the deal.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

Can all cook stoves use both propane and natural gas?

When I moved to the country a few years ago, I had to adapt to propane for gas. I had an older kitchen cooking stove that was set to use natural gas and all I had to do to convert it to propane was adjust the orfices to make the openings smaller. Similar to the needle valves on carburetors.

I need a new (used) stove. Natural gas stoves are easy to find, but not propane ones. I am asking if all of them can be converted by simply turning the orfices or do some need replacement parts, and/or are some not able to be converted at all? I dont want to buy one and not be able to use it.

Does anyone know for sure? Which brands if some can and other can't?

Thanks

Reply to
anoldfart2

That's what I was looking to find out, and I will do that. If it needs parts, I wont even bother because I know how hard it is to get that stuff, not to mention costly.

Thanks

Reply to
anoldfart2

They ALL will require parts. Minimum of different orifices, perhaps a regulator. Should not be a big deal. Dealer can do it for you at the time of sale.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Check this great site:

snipped-for-privacy@> Can all cook stoves use both propane and natural gas?

Reply to
Fred Wesner

if you are looking used, you will need to confirm parts are available before making purchase. Not all will just turn an orifice although mine did. Also, the manufacturer may tell you that only a qualified gas guy can do it. They may not even sell you the parts.

Best find a local parts place that is easy to deal with. When you find the stove you like, call him and ask if it can be converted, what parts, if any are needed and if he can get the parts as required. You do not want an old stove that you cant get the parts for.

Reply to
No