Gable fan question

I want to install a gable fan in my attic. My gable vents face North and South. I live in the North East (NY) I wonder which end of the house the fan should be mounted? I also wonder with a ridge vent on the roof, will a gable fan draw air "in" from the ridge vent?

Reply to
Gntry

Forget the fan. Just make sure the ridgevent as vent to draw fresh air from.

Reply to
Art

Hi, Forget not, the intake side. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Exactly what I was trying to say.

Reply to
Art

I would install the fan the farthest from my bedroom. So I did not hear it at night.

Reply to
SQLit

Reply to
Gntry

jim

Reply to
jim evans

A ridgevent is the best kind of venting system you can have. But you need air vent to draw outside air from. Hopefully you have venting in the overhangs of your house. There are formulars to calculate what you need. I doubt you need the fan.

Reply to
Art

In alt.home.repair on Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:07:21 -0700 "SQLit" posted:

Will a gable fan run at night? I figured they turned off thermostatically by 10PM, like my roof fan.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

My attic has uninsulated AC tubes snaking around. I just shake my head when I see them. If I were going to take action to increase cooling I would start with insulating them.

Reply to
Blue

Reply to
Gntry