Can a photocell be added to a porch light?

I have an antique porch light on my house that I like. So I dont want to change the fixture. But I leave the light on all the time, so I can see at night when I come home. Although I have a LED bulb in it, I'd still like to have it shut off during the day.
It's a wall mounted light with a round base that fits against a box in the wall. I can drill a hole in that base the size of a 1/2" knockout. But do they sell low profile photrocells that can be put into such a hole?
Wiring it should be easy. I am thinking there are 3 wires. One HOT, one NEUTRAL on the INPUT side, and one HOT output to the light.
On 7/11/18 3:17 AM, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Yes, we have one on the back porch. It's white but looks something like this: <(Amazon.com product link shortened)31304210&sr=8-14&keywords=dusk+to+dawn+sensor> It isn't exactly inconspicuous. You can buy the yellow bug LEDs if that's an issue.
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:17:41 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

They sell or used to sell something that screwed into the socket and the lightbulb screwed into it. A) it was almost an inch and might not fit in your fixture. B) I wonder if the light would bounce back and make the light go on and off. Maybe not.
On Wed 11 Jul 2018 08:59:31a, micky told us...

Those scre-in sensos are still made and they do work, but it will depend on if it caues the bulb to extend too far down in the fixture. Never had a problem with one triggring itself.

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:10:33 -0000 (UTC), Wayne

Good to know.