Buying junk from China without quality control. (2023 Update)

Some 5/8=94 faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64=94

Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler who=92s name begins with W may be defective in the following way:

Water heater connectors made of copper may have been manufactured too thin and may leak after a few months.

Brass nipples may have a smaller diameter causing them to pop out of their connectors.

Flare nuts may not fit their flare connectors.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Could you supply some proof for these statements? Also, can you explain how brass, or any other material, nipples can "pop out" of their connectors? I have a feeling you just like to babble about things you know nothing about.

G.S.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Other than showing you the fittings in person I cannot prove it. However I am sure I am not the only person that has experienced these problems and that others will take the time to corroborate my findings. I am simply getting the ball rolling. It will be up to other readers who care to keep the ball rolling. To be completely fair let us agree that if eventually enough people do not state here to have had the same experiences then let us assume and I will agree that I babble about things I know nothing about.

Reply to
Molly Brown

I don't know about the copper, but I've had a couple of black iron fittings go bad. Not a good thing with 110 PSI steam in the pipes.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Threads WAY out of spec - ID too big, OD too small.

Reply to
clare

China is about to begin exporting complete modular homes to the US.

Just add footer and utility lines, they weant to send chinese workers to do assembly to keep prices down, the homes are 3 bedroom 3 bath, master has jacuzzi, 1500 square feet, for a small extra charge you can get it fully furnished, but the standard model includes a big lCD tv in the living room.

One wek from lot to finished home,

it will futher depress the existing home values, and china might loan the money to buyers acting like a bank

Reply to
bob haller

I know for a fact that these plumbing fixtures are crap. the other day went to a big box and bought 2 angle valves for washing machine shutoffs. 1/2 copper and threaded lock nut. The Chinese crap would not even thread on to the existing nut. Went to the local hardware store and bought made in USA angle valves and threaded on with no problem. CHINA MAKES CRAP!!!!! PERIOD!!

Reply to
evodawg

Very doubtful. I'd readily believe that they're 16mm, though.

5/8 = 0.625 39/64 = 0.6094 16mm = 0.6299"
Reply to
Doug Miller

Gee, I bought an American car and the brake lines rusted out. I guess Americans make junk too.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

I made the mistake of buying a "made in China" kitchen faucet that looked great on the outside and was one fifth the price of a Kohler or Moen. That faucet lasted exactly 34 days in my kitchen before the handle broke off with the water on, shortly before the handle broke the hose connection crimp started a leak. You are right NEVER buy Chinese plumbing fixtures.

Reply to
RickH

Yup, they do. But I'll bet the brake line didn't rust out in the first

3 weeks.
Reply to
clare

I made the mistake of buying a "made in China" kitchen faucet that looked great on the outside and was one fifth the price of a Kohler or Moen. That faucet lasted exactly 34 days in my kitchen before the handle broke off with the water on, shortly before the handle broke the hose connection crimp started a leak. You are right NEVER buy Chinese plumbing fixtures.

OP ,just how many threads do we need for the exact same topic??? If you had bothered to scroll down just a bit you would've seen a couple more....Perhaps you need to start your own newsgroup atl. chinese crap instead of cluttering up this one with endless threads of the same thing over and over....I do however agree that you typically get what you pay for but don't understand the beating of the same dead horse over and over...It gets old and pushes more relevent topics down the page...The point has been made , can we wait a couple of weeks till it is re-hashed again... Just a suggestion....

Reply to
benick

Repetition is the sincerest form of flattery.

Reply to
HeyBub

You've got it wrong -- what actually happened was -- You BOUGHT crap, which happened to be made in China. Made, by the way, to some importer's spec, and to the importer's q.c. requirements. So look to yourself as a lousy shopper, and if you must lay additional blame, try the place where you bought the cheap stuff instead of being more discriminating.

Reply to
JimR

Man are YOU a dreamer. QC? What's that? "spot checks" are the best you will see - and in many cases even they are worthless - done by someone who doesn't know what to look for. The chrome is shiny? It passes.

Reply to
clare

I'm finding plumbing parts from China that are mislabeled. 1/2" threads are 3/4", 3/4" threads are 1" etc. TMH, Florida.

Reply to
TMH