Buying a house with mold-what to do?

I agree with this. How long a roof last? 20, 25 years ? Probably the previous owner didnt take care of the house well.

Sam

Reply to
sams

I don't get into a panic about mold, but I do know it's not a good thing. I also know that once it gets into wood, it's there for good, and the only way to eliminate the mold for good is to eliminate the moldy wood. If you think buying a house that possibly needs the whole roof structure replaced at a cost of several grand and several weeks of major inconvenience is a good idea, that's fine. Most people wouldn't.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott

Spraying with bleach only kills surface mold. If left unchecked for a long time, mold's like termites and nail fungus -- it just keeps burrowing deeper and deeper. You might kill the surface stuff, but if it ate deep into the wood, it'll resurface several weeks or months after you've kill the surface stuff. Topical solution is rarely the solution for the heavy stuff.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott

I dunno.. A tesla coil would probably do the trick. I wouldn't want to be in the house while it was running, though.