buff out scratches in newly refinished hardwood

Hello,

I had my hardwood floors refinished about 6 months ago. Just last night, I had some people over and to my horror, one of the felt pads on a chair fell off. Now this spot where the chair was used has some light scratches. Can I do anything to buff these out or fill them in? I've heard that rubbing the area (which is only about a square foot) with polyurethane diluted with paint thinner would fill in this area without being noticeable

Thanks

Reply to
PGG

Won't fill it in (without many coats) but it will make it nearly invisible. No need to rub, just wipe on.

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Instead, I tried rubbing the area very lightly with 0000 steel wool and wood cleaner. This helped a ton and I barely notice the area now. It seemed to work...hope it wasn't dumb!

Reply to
PGG

whyd you ask then?

Reply to