Bread Machine recommendation. Want one NOT made in China.

Even if the mixer isn't made in China, the parts probably are.

Reply to
kelown

I make my own bread every week. My mixer was made in Brazil. I call it my hands. Yours will probably be American. How hard is it to knead a kilo or two of flour? Your arthritis is worse than mine? Use the no-knead method. Flavor and texture are better too. (I do sourdough, a breadmaker machine rarely gets that right). []'s

PS If you are looking for an industrial mixer, AHR is probably not the best place to ask. Another PS This thread is over EIGHT years old. LOL. Gotta love Glugle newsgroups.

Reply to
Shadow

Hi Nieder, I make all our bread (except crackers and a rare loaf) and have for over 2 decades now, with a bread machine to do the mixing. Takes about 1.5 hours in dough mode the turn it out to my own pans for rising and then baking.

One not made in China is Panasonic. It's simple with no frills but I had one for quite a few years and it worked well. They have a scale of models from simple to quite complex.

Fancier but very nice is also from Japan, Zojirushi. I caught a screaming sale at Amazon a bit ago and snagged the last one. It's a dual paddle system that gives a functional bake shape if I want to use that (and I have twice).

Probably more critical is what type of doughs are you making? That may be the reason for your failing machines. You need a special one if making 100% whole wheat, heavy rye mixes and so on.

Here's a standard 2lb dough run I use often:

1 1/3 c Buttermilk (or water and buttermilk powder) 1/3 c water 2-3 TB cut up butter (real butter) 4 c 'fluffed' white flour (spooned to fluff then to the cup) 2 TB sugar 1-2 ts salt 2 ts Active dry yeast (SAF yeast right now in 1lb bags) Optional: I like to add herbs and spices, or crushed seeds

Because of Covid impact on our community, I have been distributing free

1lb loaves to help others with the food bill. I am estimating it's been 230 of them now but that's a lowball estimate.
Reply to
cshenk

Oh man! I missed that and replied too! 2012....

Reply to
cshenk

Panasonic, Malasia, same for Zojirushi.

Reply to
cshenk

I may be too late on this... Our West Bend bread machine has been a work horse for over 25 years. We have the Homestead model. Probably discontinued by now. Made in West Bend, WI; at least it was 26 years ago.

Reply to
katwabba
8 years later see where your answer got us to
Reply to
sadf

I refuse to buy China made products. My last machine was a Panasonic, and worked beautifully for 20 years. Although a lot more trouble, researching products made in USA is challenging. Which, by the way, should not be.

Reply to
bluegrassanniellc

A KitchenAid mixer is an excellent way to prepare your dough. The bread ‘hook’ comes with the unit. Most bread recipes will suggest the mixer method for handmade or artisan bread.

Reply to
bluegrassanniellc

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Then you will have a hell of a problem finding one you can buy.

Bet there are none now. Guess you might be able to find one on ebay or in a facebook buy swap sell group that hasn’t been used much.

You are free to start making them in the USA and go broke doing that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

A proper bread machine is a lot more convenient.

The best bread machines do those too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I am looking for a bread maker/s made in USA. Can you help me. I'm done with China!!!!!!!

Reply to
Kristine

No one has replied with on since this started 9 years ago so I guess not. Mix by hand like your grandmother did.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Is Panasonic building its stuff in Japan, at least?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Looks like the high end models are. Could still contain some China made parts though.

Ed Pawlowski

Buy one that is 40 years old.

Reply to
gfretwell

When I bake bread the maker is definitely made in the USA and I have the ID to prove it.

Reply to
rbowman

Which is crustier, the bread or the maker?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Tossup .

Reply to