bosch nexxt 500 washer door gasket (leak)

at first I thought the problem (small leak during wash) was due to the small missing pieces around opening gasket but am now thinking it's the door itself not sealing tightly enough with the automatic locking mechanism and water gets inside the glass enclosure bottom.

is there a DIY guide to taking apart the door and perhaps getting some spare parts for the Bosch Nexxt 500 series or perhaps someone can recommend an online forum that you like.

images

lana

I had a similar situation and the extended warranty took care of it. A couple of small chunks out of the door gasket was the issue with leaking from under the door onto the face of the machine. The repairman was looking into another issue (the things will just stop working if there's too much soap used in the wash - something about the foam freaking the machine out), and while he was here he replaced the gasket at no charge.

I asked him about the water getting inside the viewport window, between the two panes, and he said that was common, he wouldn't do anything about it, and the door could be taken apart, cleaned with bleach and put back together. He seemed to be saying it was a lot of work for something that would just happen again. Sigh.

RicodJour

any tips or info on how the gasket is replaced? just remove the spring collar and then what next? did you observe how he did the replacement?

Reply to
lana

I normally watch repairmen, but I don't hover over them and I didn't see the gasket replacement. Sorry.

RicodJour

collar and then

the ideal fix for a bosch dishwasher is replacing it.

I do admit they wash great but there parts cost a fortune:( they break a lot:( few techs or companies repair them:( and repairs dont last:(

The trash is their ideal home, last I checked consumer reports rates them dead last for dependability............

Reply to
hallerb

this is a Nexxt 500 washer, rated best by CR among washers.

very nice and quiet unit, clothes come out almost dry after spin cycle.

Reply to
lana

responding to

ATedK wrote: That is false and linking to their site implies that you checked Bosch's rating before posting.

Actually linking to CR's Dishwasher rating report: CR rated Bosch's brand reliability 5th out of 14 companies with a problem (repairs and serious problems) percentage of 10%; this range went from 8% for the top two companies to a bottom rating of 23% (LG). So Bosch is 2 percentage points from the most reliable and 13 percentage points up from the worst reliable.

In individual dishwasher ratings (overall performance) Bosch has the top 4 rating positions.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
ATedK

That is false and linking to their site implies that you checked Bosch's

Are we talking about a clothes washer or dishwasher ?? The pics look like a clothes washer but some comments are about dishwashers..We just replaced our washer and dryer and am glad we went with the top loader with mechanical controlls and resisted the temptation of the new front loaders with the fancy electronics that keep breaking , leaky gaskets and smelly clothes from to little water..The horror stories just keep coming....JMHO...

Reply to
benick