Blinking Oil Light On Cub Cadet

Thank you. I can confirm that this "feature" is not in the owners manual. Now I will not worry about the blinking red light.

Reply to
axe8765

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 10:45:03 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote :

. Now I will not worry about the blinking red light.

The manual is most likely written by the lowest bidder. Yes, I am reading t his array of comments because I too have a blinking oil light with no menti on of the meaning or cause in the manual. I did enjoy reading all other com ments. I was hoping that the "reset" would be something simple like, turn t he key on and off 3 times within 5 seconds and at the same time pat your he ad with your left hand. However, let the blinking have it's way.

Reply to
tthom

Hi, I heard blinking light means time to change oil. After changing oil, run it couple hours and it'll go off until next time. No means to reset it manually.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thank you, to all the Cub owners here who took the time with this question. As a recently widowed lady who now finds all this yard work and tractor up keep pretty daunting, it was so helpful to learn that this pesky light stay s on for awhile even after you've changed the oil, and filter. Our local de aler told me that if the light shade on for one, to two minutes after I cha nged the oil, and filter I shoukd turn the tractor off, and call them. They could make a service call, and even haul it in to the shop. $$$$$$ Bottom line.....you guys just saved me a lot of money. Widowed little old lady = easy pickings.

Reply to
ratdancer

I'd like to thank all of you for contributing to this discussion. The idio t light illuminated on my tractor at 50 hours, so I changed the oil. When the light continued to blink after starting the engine, I thought something was wrong. Luckily, my dealer set me straight when I called--confirming t hat the light will continue to blink for two more hours. It's a little dis concerting to have the light continue blinking after changing the oil thoug h. I even tried disconnecting the battery to see if that would reset it an d that didn't work.

Thanks again. Time to light a cigar and go mow the lawn.

Reply to
terry.tyree

help there is a light on my cub cadet 1050 and i don't know what it means the light looks like two triangles pointing at each other

Reply to
creepy131712

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Your hazard lights are on. Get off the Inet and it will go off.

Reply to
Tekkie®

This is the most illogical oil light indicator I ever seen or heard of in m y life - being well over sixty and rebuild many engines and complete cars f or that matter I think I have enough knowledge of why an oil light indicato r is fitted to any type of vehicle or engine driven machine. Nobody has to be a rocket scientist to know that it will be first on foremost that there is no oil in the engine, second that the pump has failed. Since technology and bazzare electronic indicators is build into engines it becomes rather a pain than pleasure. I bought this Cub Cadet about two seasons ago and had only trouble with it. I recently changed the oil and filter at 30 hrs on th e machine. When I started I also experienced the oil light flashing and end ed up here. "A 3 HRS RESET" what a joke. I have renamed my model to KAK Cad et

Reply to
knoxgaragesa

Make sure the Oil was changed then do like we used to with the VCR Clock. Put a piece of tape over it.

Reply to
twistoffatend

Thank you this idiot light has been driving me nuts

Reply to
bgnn54

replying to All Thumbs, JOHN B. wrote: I have a 2014 Cub cadet LT 1045 20 hp Kohler ..... The manual says change oil every 100 hrs ... at 50 the digital reading came on and said change oil ... if its set to go off every fifty hours if I ignore the oil change and go another 5 to 6 hrs will it reset itself or should I ignore and just go another 50 hrs if the oil is clean

Reply to
JOHN B.

replying to clare, 54chevy wrote: If there is a warning or trigger to change or maintain something, and you follow it, there should be a blasted reset capability so the count down to trigger/notify me again can happen. Why? Because that is what monitors and maintenance notifications are for. When someone else gets on the mower and sees the prompt "CHANGE OIL NOW" they think it MUST be done then try to do it or won't use it. In my case, I worry the oil is low or does need to be changed since the idiot gauge is telling me so. Our mower is used by multiple family members who help us out. Being unable to reset it after the process has been performed is a bad design, counterproductive and annoying. it also depletes resources unnecessarily, time, $ and supplies. Frankly, I'd be embarrassed if I were this manufacturer. Yes, it's a simple thing; so either remove the darn indicator or create a working capability to reset the darn counter, timer properly.

Reply to
54chevy

replying to All Thumbs, ALAN wrote: light can not be reset, will automatically come on even if oil has ben changed at a preset hour , will go off after about 5 hrs of run time and back on after the preset time

Reply to
ALAN

replying to All Thumbs, michael wrote: my club caret wont engage ltx1045 clubcadet deck wont engage i shut off it was running fine

Reply to
michael

michael posted for all of us...

You broke it.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I can't say for sure that you didn't get shafted but I changed my own oil and wrote it for about 5 hours and my oil light came on so I think it's just an automatic setting

Reply to
jackduburg54

replying to All Thumbs, Hoopzref wrote: Thanks thought there was a problem

Reply to
Hoopzref

replying to Hoopzref, Scott wrote: Both the "CHNG OIL" and blinking red light on the oil feature of the display seem worthless to me. Have had both flashing at me with full clean oil recently changed. If you are cognizant of your hrs on the meter and doing changes as recommended and levels are good they're a nuisance.

Reply to
Scott

I changed mine at 146 hours... Oil level good,new filter... At 150.1 hours light flashing and change oil in the LED readout... I changed it early and the light, although and slight nuisance, is just a reminder ... Nothing mo re... If , however, it happens at anytime between the 50 hour intervals the n I would be concerned ... Mine went out in about 4 hours ...

Reply to
algreen357.ag

replying to michael, Ty wrote: Take the battary out. Look down on the rt. Side below is a wire with a side electric connecter. Ck wire and fiting

Reply to
Ty