We just purchased a Blanco Silgranit sink that came with one hole
punched out, and one ready to be punched out. The faucet we bought to go
with this needs 2 holes (one for the faucet, one for the tap) and if we
desire one additional hole for a soap dispenser. The sink does not have
a third hole for the soap dispenser. We love the sink and love the
faucet we purchased but obviously the sink is not ready for the soap
dispenser (only 2 holes). Not a huge deal if we don't put the soap
dispenser in, but would be cool if we could. The sink does have places
where there is room for the soap dispenser if we were brave enough to
create our own hole.
My questions are as follows:
1) Are we going to weaken/wreck the sink if we create a hole where
Blanco does not have one pre-destined?
2) If it is okay to make our own hole, what is the best tool for this job?
3) Anything special we should look out for?
4) Blanco offers a limited life time warranty on this sink, any opinions
on if we will void our warranty if we create our own hole?
5) If it is a bad idea to create our own hole, any other creative places
to put the soap dispenser? i.e. hole in the countertop near the sink?
Thanks for any advice.
Remove YOUR CLOTHES if you want to email me.