Basement floor hairline cracks

We recently had an addition built to our home which included a full basement space beneath. The floor was poured in September. Today I noticed several hairline cracks in the basement floor. Is this cause for concern? The entire project is nearing completion and I haven;'t yet gotten final inspections so there is a final payment I can withhold from my GC until this is resolved. Any light you can shed on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

TomL

Reply to
TomL

are their relief (expansion) grooves in the concrete? and did they install "wire" in the concrete?

Reply to
3GCPO

concrete on top of wire mesh on top of vapor barrier on top of gravel. no expansion joints.

TomL

Reply to
TomL