Beckett burner banging

-------------------------------------

I have a new Burnam boiler with a new Beckett burner. I have had 3 different servicemen here to check out the burner. It is set up perfectly

85% efficiency, smoke test perfect and it runs great. But on startup it bangs so loud it sounds like it is going to blow up.It sounds like my old burner did when it would load up with fuel before firing. I have even called Beckett and they can't help me. It has the recommended 85 60 nozzle, even tried 3 different nozzles but it still bangs. The unit is 3 weeks old. I haven't gotten a full night's sleep since it was installed. Getting ready to junk it even though it is 3 weeks old, I need my sleep. Anybody ?????
Reply to
jcamp

Yep, sounds like a Beckett! They work well but start up is loud. Older units didn't make such big a bang.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Delayed ignition? Check electrode positioning and spacing, connections, etc. If it has the solenoid valve to enable pre and post purge, see if it is sealing properly or is allowing fuel to leak by prematurely.

Reply to
Pete C.

Everything is set according to factory specs, no delayed ignition, electrodes are right on. My neighbor across the street has the exact setup that I have. went over and looked at his setup and came home and tried the same settings, still bangs like hell

Reply to
jcamp

The site

is mostly all boiler pros, maybe they can help.

Reply to
ransley

I'd continue to call Beckett, even demanding a new burner. At the minimum, a factory rep to come out and listen to it. The factory has an obligation to make it work properly and loud banging is not proper. Since the regular support help did no good, you have to go higher up. Ask for a supervisor and work up from there.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski