bathroom remodel

in the process of bath room demo and remodel, job is almost completed and am about to install a new toilet set

in looking at the floor connection where the waxring is seated and lower section of toilet is attached, it is rather badly rusted.

is there something I may do before I attach the new toilet set, since the drainline is now exposed and everything is clean and new? should I consider patching the ring/waxseal area with something like royal jelly? use an epoxy bond after sanding rust away? something else?

Reply to
mozza

Depends on what you mean by badly rusted. If it is just the entire surface is rusted that is common and nothing needs to be done. If it is rusted through and crumbling then you need to replace the flange.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

Limp Arbor wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com:

...and if it is badly rusted and weakened and you don't replace it, you may find when you tighten the toilet down it bends up being pulled. Or, later you may find the toilet rocks and you cannot tighten it.

NOTE NOTE NOTE. Remember to take the rag out of the shithole before putting new toilet on! Murphy says rag will go way in to next elbow then jamb and block.

Reply to
Red Green