Baseboard Adhesive.

I need to attach about 50 foot of baseboard to painted drywall without nailing to studs. What kind of adhesive will stick to latex painted drywall?

Peter.

Reply to
PVR

Liquid nails or any general purpose construction adhesive is about as good as anything.

Painted makes it less of a sure thing. Your bond is a good as the paint. Unpainted your bond is as good as the paper on the drywall. Neither of those excite me.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Is there some reason you can't nail it to the studs??

Reply to
Lawrence

It is quite common to install base with construction adhesive and to use a finish nail gun shot at steep angles to "staple" the trim till the glue has set.

Reply to
DanG

Liquid Nails. You will need to brace, clamp, weight with sandbags, etc. Nailing is the preferred choice, though.

Reply to
Phisherman