Backwired device in Wiremold boxes?

Am I right in assuming that it not kosher to use the push-in connections for devices in Wiremold boxes? The clearance is so small, I can't imagine it being permitted.

MB

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

I would imagine it would depend on which boxes you are using. There are deep ones, not so deep and shallow boxes.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

I meant the "regular" ones, not the "extra-deep" ones or the shallow "starter" ones.

MB

On 02/03/04 06:55 pm Eric Tonks put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

And I should have pointed out that I was referring to single-device boxes: I just realized that the 2-device ones are deeper.

MB

I wrote:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

Back wired devices have a long history in this NG of causing wiring problems and are often dismissed with contempt by journeymen electricians. There rumors that the pricier ones work well, but for a dedicated and quality oriented DIY person the better conventional devoces simply work more reliably. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

How much time difference will it be to attach the wire to the screw as opposed to slipping it into the hole. Take the extra 2 minutes and then you most likely won't ever have a problem..............or a second thought.

Reply to
just me