Auto Program you TV for OTA stations

[snip]

It was that the TV had to have an ATSC tuner IF it had a NTSC tuner. Tunerless TVs got around the requirement.

BTW, at the time I remember seeing DVD recorders without tuners.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

So YOU say.

No I don't. You're claiming no TV SONY makes includes an OTA tuner. I don't think so.

Of course "there are people". Another sophistry-style sentence. There are also people who buy very expensive tvs and at many different price points in between.

Even at the start that wasn't true. It was that the stations were in different directions.

But even if you think so, that customers use rotors doesn't add anything to the cost of tuners or tvs.

Reply to
micky

Try to keep up Mick. The conversation is about a tuner that remembers channels that are dead on subsequent scans.

Then they are dead when the antenna isn't pointed at them. That was his problem.

Reply to
gfretwell

That is very unusual. Don't be surprised if that changes soon. FCC wants that VHF band back so they can sell it like the high UHF channels.

Reply to
gfretwell

They get around the tuner requirement by calling them "monitors" and for a given screen size they are cheaper. You can find a monitor as big as any TV. It is going to be the same display. They even make them "touch screen". Our village conference room has a 70" touch monitor. It is really pretty cool. I did a water quality thing in there using it and I liked it.

Reply to
gfretwell