Auto parts from eBay

Sounds familiar.

- I gave at the office. - The check is in the mail. - I won't ... OK, we'll skip the third one.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There are 2 very important questions that need to be asked before taking that advice:

1 - When the part fails, which route gets you the replacement part faster and with the least inconvenience - eBay or Napa? 2 - Which part has a higher chance of failing in the first place?

Sometimes it's worth paying extra for peace of mind.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What Ebay guarantee? The only Ebay guarantee I'm aware of is if the seller doesn't send the part, sends something that is different than described, or if it's DOA. If it fails 4 months later, I don't think it's EBay's problem, AFAIK. Also, the labor cost or your personal trouble in replacing a bad component has to be factored in. Even if the Ebay seller has a warrantee, are you going to be OK with no vehicle for 10 days while you send it back? Some vendors may send a replacement immediately, charging you for it, then credit it back if and when they determine the one you sent back was defective. If you buy it at a local parts store, all that is pretty much avoided. Not saying not to buy parts on Ebay, but you have to be careful and look at all the angles. I recently got a great deal on a brand new Bosch starter, but I knew what I was getting and willing to take the chance.

Reply to
trader_4

True but OTOH you aren't betting a "startNcrank" brand starter. The $82 one was listed as Denso.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

:D

Reply to
Eagle

That's called life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. The check is in the mail I'll do it tomorrow I won't c...... 8-o

Reply to
Eagle

I had an issue with a vendor, and after several F U emails, Paypal sent Me a refund, and I sent the item back to asshat. I got a few more F U emails, but never replied to them. I bet he was not a happy camper... :D

Reply to
Eagle

PayPal and eBay are not the same thing. They each have a different protection policy.

eBay

PayPal

DerbyDad03

Both "paying extra for peace of mind" and "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" are part of life.

The goal is to choose the right strategy at each opportunity. The "right strategy" can be different for different people, even when looking at the same opportunity. That's called life.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Make a mistake, their fault. Repeat that mistake, your fault. Thats called a fuckup. ^^

Reply to
Eagle

They do now. EBay bought out paypal, and just recently sold paypal. I haven't sold anything on EBay in over a year now.

Reply to
Eagle

I only f*ck up when my wife is on top.

Reply to
dangerous dan

You obviously aren't getting my point.

Moving on...

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Alas, this is the 8th article in this NG that got posted unintentionally.

I had decided it was in error and wasn't going to post it, at least not without major changes.

I'm really sorry for the time you spend replying to it. but I don't know what I can do about that.

Originally I said 7, because there were 7 at the bottom of this list, but later, looking at the Sent mailbox, I noticed there were 8. The others were the first post in their respective threads so they sorted at the bottom, but this was a reply, so it sorted where I didn't see it.

Note the submission time, 3:32AM EST, same time as the other 7.

Reply to
Micky

If it's the one on Ebay you're referring to, in the manufacturer's field on Ebay it says "CranknCharge". At best it has conflicting info as to what it really is.

Reply to
trader_4

dangerous dan wrote on 12/7/2015 :

:') Good catch DD... :D

Reply to
Eagle

No, I got it, I'm just trying to humorize this. ^^

Reply to
Eagle

Yeah, I knew it had "crank" in the name. CrankNwank, CrankNspank, DankNcrank.... I've got nothing against buying on ebay but that didn't strike me as any great deal compared to just going with a "name brand" part and supplier.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher