Ask this old house last night

Did you see that? How to replace a deep well water pump. I feel I could do it myself now.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Didn't see it, but I did it myself six or so years ago. 'Aint much to it, long hose with a pump on the end and some wires along side.

Reply to
Pete C.

On the other hand, my Mother's deep well pump failed. It had been in place since the early '60s and even a professional well company couldn't get it pulled. Claimed that it had somehow rusted in place. I'm sure they were honest as they didn't charge for the work they did. Luckily a recently installed village water main was about 100 foot away. Since my Mother was

87 yrs old, the village pushed a residential water line past the neighbors house all the way into her house and hooked her up for free. Even paid to have the old well capped. Because of the proximity to the water main, the village wouldn't have let the well company drill a new well anyway.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom G

Why is the original message deleted?