Any problems with whirlpool fridge drawers

We were out looking at fridges and notices the whirlpool drawers do not have rollers or anything like the upper end GE and Samsung do.

I asked the sales guy and he said all whirlpool and kitchenaid are like that. Just drawers in plastic track.

Is it common for these to crack or break?

Reply to
The dude

I would say they are no problem, if I didn't just broke one. I admit there was the best part of a case of beer in there but it broke. The rumor here is they are $80 or so but I haven't looked.

Reply to
gfretwell

An $80 case of beer? That's some good beer!

RicodJour

Actually the beer was only about $20, it looks like it cost me $80 to get it cold.

Reply to
gfretwell

It's not uncommon regardless of brand. If you intend to replace it you'd best do it ASAP, as they go 'out-of-stock' not too long after the particular refrigerator models are discontinued. Treat them as non-heavy duty items - don't overload them.

Reply to
PanHandler