any opinon on empire carpet?

lowe's good stock carpet was heavier and lower cost with better pad than empire's so i cancelled today

Reply to
bpuharic

got that in the kitchen and it works well but want carpet for living and bedrooms

got 2 poodles, too...they do well

Reply to
bpuharic

make? model? miles?

Reply to
bpuharic

I haven't purchased carpet for decades but back then $20/yard was not out of line for decent carpet. Have prices gone down???

Reply to
dadiOH

But carpet is better acoustically. If you have a room that is too ³live² carpeting is the best way to quiet it down.

Reply to
Larry Weil

Right. You can carpet the walls.

Don't laugh, we did that to a computer room in a new building. Made the room almost bearable so we could swap stories about the carpet installers observations as they tried to install the stuff vertically.

And before you ask, it was a lovely, pale-blue, shag.

As to your original proposition, you can "tune" the room with throw rugs.

Reply to
HeyBub