Ants

In article , snipped-for-privacy@email.com says... :) Hopefully they are not carpenter ants feeding on rotting wood in your walls. :) :) So - Take the advice of others, seal up everything. Put down boric acid and :) sugar mix (outside near your kitchen or possible entry points) to attract :) and kill them. and keep your kitchen clean and dry. You should be all set. :) :) Make your own ant killer cheaply - Borax cleaner and a bit of sugar does it. :) :) carpenter ants won't feed on the wood, they use damaged wood from termites and fungi rot or simple hollow areas to nest in...more of a nuisance than anything, especially since they are classified as a wood destroying insect.

Not all ants eat sugar based foods all the time, so it can be guess work guessing what proteins they may be attracted to.

Reply to
Lar

They don't eat wood, merely tunnel into it for chambers. Only difference is termites actually eat the wood; carpenter ants just chew, and sometimes use old termite cavities.

Reply to
Norminn

I think the word is getting out. Yesterday morning we woke up to find that the community services district had shut off all supplies of DHMO to our house. The relief we felt at learning of their concern for our health was overwhelming.

Alas, an hour later, they turned it back on. We figure it was dirty politics or an Enron-like energy scam that the CSD fell for. Now, I fear, we're screwed.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner